Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Account, No Point?

Options
  • 05-11-2012 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I banked with Bank of Ireland for about 7 years, during that time I successfully paid off a long term personal loan and currently I still my have credit card and two years remaining on my car loan with BOI.

However, about two years ago I closed my current account with BOI and moved to PTSB, purely to get a Debit Visa card at the time.

Now, coming up to christmas I was hoping to top up my car loan by about €2000, but after speaking to someone in a branch on Friday I'm wondering if there is any point. The general gist was 'If you don't have your current account with BOI you'll most probably get refused'

Is there much truth to this? I would have assumed since my credit card and loan are still active with BOI that I would still be 'a customer' no?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi justindublin,

It is not a requirement to have a current account with Bank of Ireland to apply for a loan; however you may be required to provide bank statements from your current account during the application process.

You may be best to contact the lending advisor in your local branch who can go through the application for you.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement