Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football boots. Recommend a shop or a website

• 05-11-2012 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭

For anybody who plays football, where do you buy your boots?

Not a fan of buying online mainly because I like to try the boots on first but very few shops actually stock boots now.

If I was going to buy online I would probably buy directly from the nike site where you can customise your boots to suit.

Anybody have any experience buying directly from Nike or better still, can anybody point me in the direction of a good shop that stocks decent boots?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

www.prodirectsoccer.com

You can always go try on the boots in a shop and then buy them online. Pro Direct also have no problem with you sending back boots if they're too big/small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

www.kitbag.com or www.subsidesports.com are my usual ports of call. Some cracking bargains to be found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

SantryRed wrote: »
    www.prodirectsoccer.com

You can always go try on the boots in a shop and then buy them online. Pro Direct also have no problem with you sending back boots if they're too big/small.

+1 for prodirectsoccer

I bought a size 4 and needed a 4 and a half. It took about a week from me returning them to the new pair arriving at my door. Great service from them. Not to forget to mention that the boots were £150 down to £70.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Danye

Cheers lads :)
    SantryRed wrote: »
    www.prodirectsoccer.com

This is what I was planning on doing but the shops only have the "cheaper" versions of the actual boots I was looking for.

Out of curiosity, what boots are you wearing at the minute? Usually a World Cups man but very tight on my foot and tbh not that comfy.

Any recommendations? I'm a comfort over style boot man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I wear Copas, though if you've a narrow foot then they're not for you. Puma and Umbro tend to be a wider fit so you can't go wrong with Kings.

I also got a pair of these as payment for some work I did and they're lovely, plain black and no fuss -

25168.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Danye wrote: »
    Cheers lads :)

This is what I was planning on doing but the shops only have the "cheaper" versions of the actual boots I was looking for.

Out of curiosity, what boots are you wearing at the minute? Usually a World Cups man but very tight on my foot and tbh not that comfy.

Any recommendations? I'm a comfort over style boot man.

The cheaper versions will still fit the same so it should be ok, that's what I did anyways.

Have a pair of Predators at the minute. I'm the same as you, I just want something that is comfy. I picked those Preds up for 90 pounds on Pro Direct, reduced from 180 pounds!

I'd recommend the Preds, have been wearing them for about 10 years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Danye

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I wear Copas, though if you've a narrow foot then they're not for you. Puma and Umbro tend to be a wider fit so you can't go wrong with Kings.

I also got a pair of these as payment for some work I did and they're lovely, plain black and no fuss -

25168.jpg

In the summer I'm a copas man meself but the pitches are cutting up terrible so they're a no go. I find that even though I have slighly wide feet copas are a much better fit than WC's.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement