Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting for Broadband since JUNE!! eircom customer.....

• 05-11-2012 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

We got our phone line on Friday 13th of October (we ordered it in June!!) During the installation process I was told by the eircom employee that I would receive my broadband box in the post ASAP, I received a text in the same manner on Monday the 15th. The technician also told me that they would have to do some work in the exchange and then our broadband would be ready to go. I was also told if the box had not arrived by teh following Wednesday to ring the help line and see where it is.

I waited 7 days to ring. When I did ring I was transferred three times around the same department where finally a lady called Lisa explained to me that my (a) my order stated nothing about broadband (!!!) and (b) our line does not support it. She said that my only options were to cancel the order and make a complaint. At which time I was put on hold for the fourth time and had to hang up as I was waiting for so long and needed to go to back to work.

The way I have been treated is an utter disgrace. My whole point of using eircome as our ISP was due to the fact that everyone in the area has eircom broadband. I was told when I signed up last June that broadband was available in my area. I was told exactly a week ago that this would be sorted by this week.

Where am I now? After four months of waiting, after numerous phone calls, waiting for a pole, getting a pole and now this? Imagine being told that your only options were to cancel the order and that was that? Every other house in the area has eircom!!! Do eircom not want customers? Is this why I was told several weeks ago by an eircom employee that I was better off going with another provider? I am shocked and dismayed by this, and the worst thing is - I have never heard back from the mysterious customer complaints department, I am saddled with limp excuses that don't add up.

Please is anyone else experiencing this kind of torture? We are at our wits end at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

First have you checked if broadband is available at your number via the eircom website.

https://secure.eircom.net/bundles/

click one of the "More.." buttons. On the next page click "Check availability" and enter your number on the pop up window.

I never trust what Eircom customer services tell me on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 karenmagoo

Hi There,

Thanks for quick reply, yes I have clicked on the availabilty button and eircom are telling me
    "Congratulations

You are able to get our superfast next generation broadband".

Alas their customer service team won't listen to me! Any ideas to what I can do? Their customer complaints department have not replied to any emails I have sent them and they won't talk to me on the phone....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

karenmagoo wrote: »
    We got our phone line on Friday 13th of October (we ordered it in June!!) During the installation process I was told by the eircom employee that I would receive my broadband box in the post ASAP, I received a text in the same manner on Monday the 15th. The technician also told me that they would have to do some work in the exchange and then our broadband would be ready to go. I was also told if the box had not arrived by teh following Wednesday to ring the help line and see where it is.

I waited 7 days to ring. When I did ring I was transferred three times around the same department where finally a lady called Lisa explained to me that my (a) my order stated nothing about broadband (!!!) and (b) our line does not support it. She said that my only options were to cancel the order and make a complaint. At which time I was put on hold for the fourth time and had to hang up as I was waiting for so long and needed to go to back to work.

The way I have been treated is an utter disgrace. My whole point of using eircome as our ISP was due to the fact that everyone in the area has eircom broadband. I was told when I signed up last June that broadband was available in my area. I was told exactly a week ago that this would be sorted by this week.

Where am I now? After four months of waiting, after numerous phone calls, waiting for a pole, getting a pole and now this? Imagine being told that your only options were to cancel the order and that was that? Every other house in the area has eircom!!! Do eircom not want customers? Is this why I was told several weeks ago by an eircom employee that I was better off going with another provider? I am shocked and dismayed by this, and the worst thing is - I have never heard back from the mysterious customer complaints department, I am saddled with limp excuses that don't add up.

Please is anyone else experiencing this kind of torture? We are at our wits end at this stage.

Hi karenmagoo,

There can be a delay in getting the line tested for broadband capability / speed. Can you PM your tel no: and I will look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi karenmagoo,

There can be a delay in getting the line tested for broadband capability / speed. Can you PM your tel no: and I will look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi karenmagoo,

I Just wanted to confirm a few details so I sent you a PM, can you get back to me when you can.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement