Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asics 2160

Options
  • 05-11-2012 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi I've been using asics 2160 for the past year after getting gait analysis done, found them quite good but due to heavy-ish mileage it's time to get a new pair, have been to a few sports shops but no sign of them so just wondering does anyone know what are similar or any other alternatives for me, doesn't necessarily have to be asics, I overpronate and will be doing decent mileage, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

Hi.
    The model would be 2170 now, but I found no difference to the size / fit between 2160 & 2170. You may be able to find these online, if shops don't have your size. Regarding comparable models, I would defer to an expert in a running shop to suggest an alternative brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭paintitblack

That's great thanks I saw the 2170s just wasn't sure bout the differences, oh and sorry mods I posted in wrong section by accident

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Just to add to confusion the new version of the 2170 will be known as the 2000 from January onwards. The changes across the whole ASICS range have been quite dramatic in the past couple of season with 2170 being progressively much lighter and more flexible than the 2140 / 2150 / 2160.

Great feedback thanks!

And just out of interest any recommendations for similar types from other brands? And how do they compare?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Just to add to confusion the new version of the 2170 will be known as the 2000 from January onwards. The changes across the whole ASICS range have been quite dramatic in the past couple of season with 2170 being progressively much lighter and more flexible than the 2140 / 2150 / 2160.

Tks for this. I found it a tricky enough transition from the 2160's to 2170's compared to previous models. Must have been because of the weight/flexibility difference. Any idea if the 2000's will b lighter again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

I've three pairs of 2160's on rotation at the moment with mileage of 800, 700 & 500 so maybe I'll be able to skip the 2170 totally & move to the 2000 although that sounds strange, shouldn't it really be the 2200 or something :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

And just out of interest any recommendations for similar types from other brands? And how do they compare?

Similar would be Brooks Adrenaline but you do need to try them on to see if you like the fit. Others that are similar Mizuno Inspire / Nirvana, New Balance 860, Saucony Omni. Again fit and support will vary slightly, so check them out first.
    liamo123 wrote: »
    Tks for this. I found it a tricky enough transition from the 2160's to 2170's compared to previous models. Must have been because of the weight/flexibility difference. Any idea if the 2000's will b lighter again ?

Can't remember the exact numbers but yes lighter again.
    opus wrote: »
    I've three pairs of 2160's on rotation at the moment with mileage of 800, 700 & 500 so maybe I'll be able to skip the 2170 totally & move to the 2000 although that sounds strange, shouldn't it really be the 2200 or something :confused:

Would have expected the 2180 next, but seems the changes over the past few models have triggered a renaming to highlight how far the evolution has come from the original 2100.

Also renaming the 11xx and 30xx series to 1000 and 3000 respectively.

Great advice, gonna go in a try out a few pairs, thanks for the expertise

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭dizzymom

Hi there

Im also wearing 2160 for a long time, x 4 last pairs, before that 2150, they are a great light shoe, have had no bother, just been to oranmore to have gait analysis done and i had a few choices, one being the Brooks GTS12 another really light shoe (80euro i think), I also tried the Adrenaline and found it also quite light but a bit more support and cushioning, cos I currently do up to 50miles but may go up to 70miles in New Year/FEB/March, I feel I wanted a bit more cushioning. So far so good, did a 15miler on hills and loved them :D
    twas an easy transition from the 2160 !

• Advertisement
Advertisement