Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

96_mslp500.png?cb=278

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

t|nt|n wrote: »
    96 :)

ECM0-96_dou6.GIF

I-came-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1360.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Better at 96. Let's see where 120 goes. Always hard to know with the ECM with 24 hours between frames.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭Oarrack Bama

Short term upgrade - snow showers Tuesday night and Wednesday in the east. Long term not so sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭corksurfer2005

120 is completely irrelevant at the moment! Next 72-96 hours is all we need worry about :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭Oarrack Bama

Definitely better than the 00z to 120 hrs. Upgrade for snow in the east and it's nearer UKMO but not quite. Looks high high pressure to sink 144 allowing Atlantic westerlies. Important thing is it's colder and synoptically better up to that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Not mad about 120 but considering the low confidence across the board, I'd imagine we shouldnt look past 96 for the kind of accuracy we're after. So far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

The good thing is all the models are showing the same thing at the moment.

Come on undercut lets be havin ya!

High is starting to collapse at 120 but FI probably starts at 96 hours at the moment. Still, would have been good to have the ECM on board at 120. Maybe a late chance at an undercut, we'll know by 144.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Increasing likelihood of snow showers for the east Tuesday-Wednesday with some accumulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Game over at 144h ... but good run up until 96h. The overall trend is better across all models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Increasing likelihood of snow showers for the east Tuesday-Wednesday with some accumulations.

boooo:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

ECM a bit of a downer from all the other good output this evening.

High collapses preventing extended cold spell for time being.

However uncertainty very high post 108hrs

Rougies wrote: »
    Game over at 144h ... but good run up until 96h. The overall trend is better across all models.

Yeah but it is FI and I will be happy if get some of the white stuff on Wednesday

Ouch, mild southwesterlies at 144. +4 uppers. All FI at that stage though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Rougies wrote: »

From one model ;)

With FI past +96

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭compsys

Can I ask where people are viewing all the ECM charts?

Yeah but it is FI and I will be happy if get some of the white stuff on Wednesday

True. That's why I said the trend is better. I'm happy enough with that run ;)

compsys wrote: »

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf.php?ech=72&mode=1&map=0&type=0&archive=0

• Advertisement

compsys wrote: »
    http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf.php?ech=120&mode=0&map=0&type=0&archive=0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

ME giving -6 on latest tv forecast for mid week.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

ME forecast not too exciting there. Odd showers and gettin milder after wed. That right?

Clondalkin in Dublin

Huge backtrack on this run from the 0z and still room for improvement, proves to me that even the ECM cannot be trusted past t96 I wonder if it is struggling with the SSW also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Look at that lobe of PV between 168 and 192 heading into scandi

ME forecast not too exciting there. Odd showers and gettin milder after wed. That right?

That would be based on the old model. The latest one is only coming out now.

Pool of cold showing again out to the far east, maybe after another week it will pay us a visit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

That would be based on the old model. The latest one is only coming out now.

Should we expect an upgrade from Met E after the 9 o'clock news ?

Bigcheeze wrote: »

I can't remember if they use the latest model on the forecast after the news but the website outlook should be updated with it around midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Bigcheeze wrote: »

Probably not yet..will wait until tomorrow and what the models are saying. Farming forecast could be short tomorrow!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement