Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

It's a displaced lump of the Canadian polar vortex.

any idea of what that will mean? Never seen anything like it, my chart reading skills don't extend even close to that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

pad199207 wrote: »
    Skies here look like its going to bucket down snow...... if only... :(

It really does, it has that colour to it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

fontenoy7 wrote: »
    http://www.earthcam.com/search/ft_search.php?term=london

Still pissing rain in London on live webcam..where is the so-called ehem, snow then???

If that cam featured where i live, you'd see there was heavy snow up until about 20 minutes ago.

tumblr_ljiddu3bJs1qd1kfjo1_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

kennyb3 wrote: »
    any idea of what that will mean? Never seen anything like it, my chart reading skills don't extend even close to that

An awful lot of rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Looking at that low...I'm getting more worried about losing the roof than it been covered in snow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

An awful lot of rain.

I take it we wanted the split to come from the other side and push down that russian air?

Could this not effectively take out our 'winter' pushing all that siberian air backwards (eastwards)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Still pissing rain in London on live webcam..where is the so-called ehem, snow then???

look on webcam on crossroads of m1 and m25 , http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/london/trafficcameras , M25 SEO+50M

i wonder with the canadian vortex going on holiday to the north atlantic, if this might be conducive to height rises near greenland in the longer term.

UKMO trying the mother of all sliders?

UW120-21.GIF?14-17

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

The difference at +138 is huge but tbh looking beyond +72 is probably a waste of time as it will chop and change a lot more over the coming days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

kennyb3 wrote: »

Aren't the colours in those charts indicating the height in the atmosphere at which the pressure is 500 hPa? Shouldn't be confused with actual temperature? Better to look at the 850 hPa charts, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

to the north of London. Its rare to get snow in the city due to the heat produced by the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Somethings cmin!

UKMO better than GFS Maq ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Somethings cmin!

Yes a Hawk in the top Left !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Glacier Point on Netweather recently mentioned the possibilty of the PV migrating from Canada across the Atlantic. I would actually be happy about that, as it would allow height rises behind it to out NW.

t|nt|n wrote: »

Yep, more potential. But more unlikely to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

t|nt|n wrote: »

Much beteer than the GFS, although a slight downgrade on the 00z.

Getin dark here nw

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Getin dark here nw

Its just going to be rain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Recent Snow reported in the 1600 reports at Knock Airport as a shower passes through the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

snaps wrote: »
    to the north of London. Its rare to get snow in the city due to the heat produced by the city.

Well Dublin city centre was buried two years running (for weeks) in 2008/209/2010:D:D:D:D

Lashing Hail/Sleet here now

it will be interesting to see what ian fergusson reveals about the lastest ukmo chart for friday, will it be modified like the previous one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

it will be interesting to see what ian fergusson reveals about the lastest ukmo chart for friday, will it be modified like the previous one?

What would that UKMO chart at 144 bring (if it happened like that?!!)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Lashing Hail/Sleet here now

In Newbridge , and the sky is getting very dark , but it will be Rain for me 4.5 temp and DP of 2.0

In Newbridge , and the sky is getting very dark , but it will be Rain for me 4.5 temp and DP of 2.0

It was sleety hail in Sallins PP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Well Dublin city centre was buried two years running (for weeks) in 2008/209/2010:D:D:D:D

Can you give us the name of the area in North London has have the bbc webcams for north london, so like to see what i am missing out on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Looks like it's set to start lashing rain here in Dublin, looks like we will be avoiding the snow here! Boo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Just hail and rain in Naas. My solar lights came on an hour early it got so dark.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement