Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Can you give us the name of the area in North London has have the bbc webcams for north london, so like to see what i am missing out on

Ah i see Luton has the best covering, The Rest seem to have a light covering

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/londonnorth/trafficcameras

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

FI has blown up ! LOL

gfs-0-252_fkc4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Few showers of slushy muck there - feels bitter out in them but temp is 5.1c & DP 1.8 .... Suddenly all the windows have steamed up & gone very black out .....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

t|nt|n wrote: »
    It was sleety hail in Sallins PP

Bit of sleet here now , more so rain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Can you give us the name of the area in North London has have the bbc webcams for north london, so like to see what i am missing out on

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/london/trafficcameras

Just follow the m1 northbound until you find pics of snow. Wont take long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Reports of cars covered in Slush around Eadestown area near Punchestown. Slush probably Hail most likely!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Ah i see Luton has the best covering, The Rest seem to have a light covering

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/londonnorth/trafficcameras

yes, just a light covering here, but after a winter with no snow so far, it was just good to see a few hours of heavy snow fall

temps 2.3c here now

dp 1.4c

winchill -1c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Thought that was a miserable GFS run tbh. Favourable uppers even being pushed from western Britain at +126. Grrrrrrrr!!!!

computer-smash-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

What would that UKMO chart at 144 bring (if it happened like that?!!)

a fair bit of snow for some in england and wales. although it's highly likely that chart will be modified

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

A balmy 7 degrees in Cork at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭zidewayz

Bit of sleet here now , more so rain

Passing shower produced sleet/rain with a bit of snow mix in rathcoole. Temp 3.4 Dp 3.0. I would estimate snow at around 300m asl.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

yes, just a light covering here, but after a winter with no snow so far, it was just good to see a few hours of heavy snow fall

Better than what we have here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

It's not bad. Could be better

Snow falling in Blessington!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I can hear an ice cream van outside.

This isn't a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

pad199207 wrote: »
    Snow falling in Blessington!

The NW extra radar shows that, just at the wrong level !

This isn't a joke.

Perhaps its actually that snow machine you ordered :P

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

Got caught in sleety/hail shower there over North Kildare. Dumped 2.6 mm precip, Temp: 3, DP: 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

It's becoming increasingly likely that Ireland will be too far West for any serious snowfall.
    The further North and East the better for chances but at the moment it's a non runner. What works for the UK does not always work for us and we need a very good ECM tonight to give hope

• Advertisement

Nice pics here of the snow in England.....so far :pac:

http://news.sky.com/story/1037591/snow-cold-snap-brings-fears-of-travel-chaos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

People in work starting to talk about blizzards tomorrow and all week. I tried to instil some realism by explaining that the upper air temps at T 120 of the GFS model didnt support that hypothesis although the UKMO was trying to slide the low undercutting the Scandi high. They looked at me, stopped talking for two seconds, and then resumed talk of tyre chains and snow shoes. You can't help some folk.

Hills around Kilteel look like they have a covering of Snow/Hail after that shower!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

leahyl wrote: »
    Nice pics here of the snow in England.....so far :pac:

http://news.sky.com/story/1037591/snow-cold-snap-brings-fears-of-travel-chaos

JEALOUS!!!! :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

leahyl wrote: »
    Perhaps its actually that snow machine you ordered :P

Looks like I might need it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

It's not bad. Could be better

What app is that, looks nice, probably only for IOs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Have a bit of a shower here at the mo. Theres a bit of sleet mixed in. Just a bit :)

Now that's just clutching!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Holy posts Batman, how fast does this thread move at the sniff of a chance there might be snow?? :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

This isn't a joke.

One outside our house yesterday - i think he got lost in a time warp and arrived 6 months early

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 CrimsonSunrise

Even SE England is very marginal, in south London we had very light snow last night that gave a light dusting on the cars etc followed by rain and sleet during the night, then sleet with big snowflakes today turning to rain, and now the place is drenched and no snow accumulation. Some places north of the Thames got a small accumulation but I think its nearly gone everywhere. NE England is doing well, but I reckon if we're finding this hard to get snow in England then its going to be a longshot getting anything in Ireland, for the time being anyway, anything could happen later in the week of course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement