Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,842 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Better than what we have here!

Well, we can but hope M.T. cranium's winter forecast is correct for later in the month, if so snow lovers in ireland should finally be rewarded. in the meantime with model volatility, it maybe some places in ireland could still get some snow later in the week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kennyb3 wrote: »
    One outside our house yesterday - i think he got lost in a time warp and arrived 6 months early

Maybe the ice cream truck was sent back in time to save John Connor?

ICE to see you....

:pac:

I'll get my snow-coat....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭thomasj

I can hear an ice cream van outside.

This isn't a joke.

There could be a few inches of snow on the ground and you'd still hear the chimes!

(Certainly around my area that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Heavy showers of rain passing over the Athlone area bitterly cold wind blowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

People in work starting to talk about blizzards tomorrow and all week. I tried to instil some realism by explaining that the upper air temps at T 120 of the GFS model didnt support that hypothesis although the UKMO was trying to slide the low undercutting the Scandi high. They looked at me, stopped talking for two seconds, and then resumed talk of tyre chains and snow shoes. You can't help some folk.

I'd say they probably think you need a bit of help :pac:

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Marginaliity will be removed from much of Britain through the night as the more sig cold pool pushes in and starts to build just east of Ireland, pushing onto the east at upper levels at times, but the lower level cold feed will make more inroads into the east from tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Deank wrote: »

What app is that, looks nice, probably only for IOs though.

It's an app for I phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Marginaliity will be removed from much of Britain through the night as the more sig cold pool pushes in and starts to build just east of Ireland, pushing onto the east at upper levels at times, but the lower level cold feed will make more inroads into the east from tonight.

Do you mean colder weather coming to the east of Ireland? How do you see chances for snow in the east on Tuesday night / Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

The temperature has dropped since the rain in Naas. It was 5.7 at 4pm it is 2.7 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

So weathercheck, you think this snow is actually going to happen for ireland ? o:
    I'll just be happy as long as its cold, or atleast getting colder :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Snowmaker

With all these ups/downs, and the refresh-page rate increasing... I think it's important for the health & well-being of everyone here to take a moment away from the charts/models, reflect, and pray...

236313.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Sky news have snow ploughs at ready! Why does the news blow these things out of proportion?

It's an app for I phone :)

There are a few free apps for android that give you the temperature for both the internal device and the external surroundings. Just search for thermometer in the play store.

beware though that as a result of them being free apps they contain ads

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Snowmaker

Posters in the Weather forum age faster than others. Fact. :p

But they also live longer :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

thomasj wrote: »

There are a few free apps for android that give you the temperature for both the internal device and the external surroundings
    I tried a few they're all pretty poor tbh

Deank wrote: »
    I tried a few they're all pretty poor tbh

The first one I tried is not bad after a bit of tweaking of the settings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

BBC have an interesting setup by next weekend. Hmmm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/21015105

looks interesting all right a nice undercut and cold air pushing back east over us, which means some of the white stuff. but a long way off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

GFS for Thursday morning has +10 in Cork while parts of England are -10.

20 degree temp difference, like a whole different world!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

BBC have an interesting setup by next weekend. Hmmm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/21015105

Thanks for the link! I like the look of Friday, pity I'm not pinning my hopes on anything over 48h out, I've had my heart broken too many times now... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

thats just not very nice Maq!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

leahyl wrote: »
    Nice pics here of the snow in England.....so far :pac:

http://news.sky.com/story/1037591/snow-cold-snap-brings-fears-of-travel-chaos

Wah! boo hoo!
    Each time i think we'll get a bite of the snowcherry it just moves tantalisingly away, all the time calling, calling, calling......
    "ha! gotcha! now back to more MEH"

grr grr instead of brr brr - grr grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

ECM coming out now, lets hope for a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

Then again Cork and Kerry have their own mild climate like Devon and Cornwall where lying snow is extremely rare indeed. Like I have said I grew up in Killarney and I saw my first major snowfall in Dublin when I arrived in 2007 /2008 and then again in 2009 and 2010. During this time, especially in 2009/2010 there was hardly any snow at all in Kerry at low level but plenty of course higher up in the mountains. The temperature is generally 3 or 4 degrees lower in Dublin and Wicklow than Kerry and West Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SnowDancer

thomasj wrote: »
    The first one I tried is not bad after a bit of tweaking of the settings

Are you using an iPhone app? What's it called? There's a few in the App Store but anyone know what's best?

ECM is better than the GFS by 72 anyway. 96 will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

fontenoy7 wrote: »
    Then again Cork and Kerry have their own mild climate like Devon and Cornwall where lying snow is extremely rare indeed. Like I have said I grew up in Killarney and I saw my first major snowfall in Dublin when I arrived in 2007 /2008 and then again in 2009 and 2010. During this time, especially in 2009/2010 there was hardly any snow at all in Kerry at low level but plenty of course higher up in the mountains. The temperature is generally 3 or 4 degrees lower in Dublin and Wicklow than Kerry and West Cork.

Extremely rare is a bit of an exaggeration. I remember a good number of snow days in the 80's and we did well a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

+96

ECM1-96_xwo9.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

ECM confirms that snow watching in this country is a very frustrating past time
    It's game over for this particular window of cold!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SnowDancer

It's gone very quiet in the model (0-120 hour) - anyone know why? Given the possible variances in the next 120 hours I thought it would be hectic!

• Advertisement

t|nt|n wrote: »
    +96

ECM1-96_xwo9.GIF

Ehh.....not the kind of interesting I was hoping for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement