Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

The weather channel on the Wii says snow on Wednesday,Friday and Sunday. Not jumping to any conclusions, but...

tumblr_mewgwmZXcP1r5mzd8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Upgrades downgrades and fretting over individual runs can be very tiresome and time wasting. The models have been all over the place the last few weeks so 72 hrs is FI in my opinion.We have very cold air on our doorstep and it won't take too much to push it in our direction. The Atlantic is not the boss and won't be for the foreseeable future. Keep the faith people and we will get our fix of the white stuff in the next few weeks.

That low developing in the north Atlantic over the next few days looks extremely complex so safe to say its not going to be modelled correctly for a while yet, its looking like the main influence on our weather next week so as you say there's not much point looking at specifics at the moment

Shorter term, Friday & Saturday are looking like a nowcast with it being so marginal, seems to be a decent chance of wet snow showers in the west on Sunday and Monday as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

If the cold goes further west to meet all these lows and stalls could next week be a paradise for snow lovers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

On some of those GFS runs there's deep cold just out to our East, decent cold attempting to come in from the Atlantic (of all the places!), but a bloody Azores high starting to build up over Ireland right in between!

Typical.

Anyway, the chances of things actually panning out like that are still probably quite slim. However, it really goes to show that half-decent cold weather is just never guaranteed in Ireland. Even during a favourable set-up like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

He Said it 13 times just there!!!
    gerrya.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

It just doesn't look good. I think we won't get any snow this winter. But I live in hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Even though they will change many times, it is very rare to see such a combination of high precipitation and (relatively) low 850 hPa temperatures on the GFS ensembles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

patneve2 wrote: »
    Even though they will change many times, it is very rare to see such a combination of high precipitation and (relatively) low 850 hPa temperatures on the GFS ensembles.

Very nice control run at the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭tomcosgrave

I know this is the ramping thread, but the models are really doing my head in.
    I think I can sum all of our feelings up waiting for snow and commenting here on the models as follows -

headdesk.gif

I really hope we get a good bit of snow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Bit off topic but there's a program called Ireland's worst weather on tv3 at 9.00pm tomorrow nite (wed).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭dsaint1

It just doesn't look good. I think we won't get any snow this winter. But I live in hope

Excellent "ramping" there. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Snowing in dalkey south co dublin. Not sticking though

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭tomcosgrave

torres9kop wrote: »

Frankly, I don't care. SNOW!! Delighted for ya!:D

Pics please

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

Snowing in enniscorthy light stuff lampost watching

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

Clear sky in Dalkey????

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Clear sky in Dalkey????

Clear sky in Blackrock too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

No pictures, no snow. Looking at the radar, the rain fizzled out before it could the north-east of the country. Also, it got warmer a few hours ago as the cloud thickened.

I remember over the years wen i was a kid at winter time not knowing if it was going to snow. I didn't even look at the weather. But remember going to bed and waking up to snow cover everywhere with the snow falling. They were the best surprises of winter ever for me. They were the good ould days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

jimmy.d wrote: »
    Snowing in enniscorthy light stuff lampost watching

cool but not cold up the road in Arklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Larbre34 wrote: »
    None for you so Pangea, a strictly six counties event ;)

You jinxed it just seen the latest bbc forecast and they have rain over Donegal and snow over the six counties!

:pac:

cNdDal.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

0z GFS looks colder for Ireland for Saturday with more snow potential... That's how it looks to me anyway. I'll wait for someone more knowlegeable to confirm though! ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

0z GFS looks colder for Ireland for Saturday with more snow potential... That's how it looks to me anyway. I'll wait for someone more knowlegeable to confirm though! ;)

Yes. Looks that way. 0z GFS upgrades out snow chances over the weekend.

Not even a mention of sleet in the Met Eireann outlook, its rain, rain and more rain! They must be sure of no snow! :(

Rain will gradually clear from Leinster and Ulster during Friday morning as brighter skies develop across the country. By mid-afternoon on Friday most places will be bright and dry, although showers will start to affect counties near the west coast. Daytime temperatures will be about average, ranging 6 to 9 degrees, but it quickly gets cold after dark and a widespread severe frost will set in on Friday night, that will continue right through to Saturday morning. Otherwise Saturday will be a bright cold day that will be mostly dry and with highest temperatures of 4 to 6 degrees. On Saturday night rain will develop across the country and the rain will continue to persist in many places right through Sunday. It will be a wet 24 hours with rainfall in excess of 25 mm in many places. For the start of next week the weather remains mainly dry and bright but cold with highest daytime temperatures around 4 or 5 degrees and severe frosts at night.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Not even a mention of sleet in the Met Eireann outlook, its rain, rain and more rain! They must be sure of no snow! :(

Was just coming back to post the same thing! :) Rain all the way for ME.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Was just coming back to post the same thing! :) Rain all the way for ME.

I find it a little strange that there isn't even a possibility?!! They must know something we dont!

Indeed - all the 'uncertainty' is gone! Have to listen to radio at 7.55 to see who's on duty?

Latest ECM rolling out now and looks better than that forecast.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Indeed - all the 'uncertainty' is gone! Have to listen to radio at 7.55 to see who's on duty?

Latest ECM rolling out now and looks better than that forecast.

That forecast has Gerry Murphy written all over it!! :D

ECM is turning into a nice little run.. All the good stuff is always a week away though!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Quite stunned by what ive just read on MetE, has it seriously become a complete bust overnight for the weekend? Scarcely a frost even?

• Advertisement

That forecast has Gerry Murphy written all over it!! :D

Well it's not the Eagle or Evelyn! Could be marginal Ryan? :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement