Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Conrach

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    It is impossible for a ramping thread to go into meltdown. Everybody is entitled to mutually gibber at each other in here. :D

Sponge Bob, our arch-nemesis. What constitutes gibbering is a matter of opinion! Though I do worry about your mental health if you keep visiting the ramping thread! :D

It was -3 at 8.30am. Hard frost with a slight skiff of snow on top. Only starting to thaw now.
    On the way to work did spot a tractor hauling a trailer load of stone, with a lovely thick layer of snow on top! I do live in a small town on the edge of the Mournes, no doubt this tractor was coming from higher altitudes but I do hold out hope. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The snow potential from current maps for around the 11th to 13th is significant but amounts are difficult to estimate this far in advance, don't be surprised if fairly heavy amounts start to appear in forecasts by the weekend. The eastern half of the country is more favoured at this point.

1263914772_happy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Permission to get exited?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Super hoop wrote: »
    Are we gonna get snow or not lads ?? ;-)
    It might be too cold to snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

ZX7R wrote: »
    I think the mods will have a hard time this place is going to go in to meltdown:eek:

Anti depressants anybody?
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_gLfeaVZEwNo/TbY51a_dixI/AAAAAAAAYIk/mETsUhkhJ_o/antidepressant-medication-medicine%5B5%5D.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

An oldie but a goodie !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

t|nt|n wrote: »

An oldie but a goodie !

'What a difference a day maaaaakes, twenty four little hoooouuurs'

I still think the outcome will be somewhere in between, but the battleground scenario could bring about some short lived epicness, and with the misery of long term cold on travel, working, the poor, water pipes and crimbo shopping, maybe the best festive effect would be in short bursts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

It might be too cold for you to type, go on into hibernation and we will wake you up in the spring! :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Larbre34 wrote: »
    'What a difference a day maaaaakes, twenty four little hoooouuurs'

Just remember it can all go the other way quickly too! Been here many many times before!!! I'll wiat for it to be within 72 or 48 hours before waxing my skis!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

If the models are still showing this within +72 or +48 then this forum is going to explode.

I hope the mods are ready..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

Saganist wrote: »
    I hope the mods are ready..

in other words...pistols at the ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Is it going to snow??? :P:pac: *waits for backlash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Why is it to cold to snow. I never could get my head around ould women saying that over the years. ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄❄❄❄❄❄ðŸ‚

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

If this happens i am going to fail my exams :(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

crazybaylor.gif

LOL, it would be worth it, you know it would !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Current forecasts are showing mostly clear and dry weather with pressure around 1025hPa, even for the east coast where temperatures could stay mostlyabove freezing with a strong onshore breeze, nothing particularly exciting.

Obviously forecasts will keep changing and if the current charts do play out then the finer details could throw something more interesting into the mix but I wouldn't get hopes up too much at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

I can see lug na quilla mtn here in co Wicklow and its caked in snow from top to bottom.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Seehan, Corrig, Kippure, it looked like everything around Glenasmole valley above 400m had a good dusting this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Seehan, Corrig, Kippure, it looked like everything around Glenasmole valley above 400m had a good dusting this morning.

I'm heading up the Hell Fire Club for a walk at lunch, will report on any snow when I get back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Dusting on the roads and fields above circa 800ft around Roundwood this morning, below that it had melted and frozen as ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

When it snowed out of the heavens two years ago I missed one of my end of semester exams because of it. I managed to get a deferral so I could sit it again in August and not have it counted as a repeat. Universities and ITs usually have some sort of system in place where if there is heavy snow you can contact them in a certain period of time before an exam if you can't make it.

I'm actually hoping for a White Christmas this year. I hope it snows as soon as I get my holidays from work and then disappears before I go back in the new year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Snow was mentioned on the main forum! :eek: the snow bunnies will mass

b18802a96f0836d296765d682890e4b9.jpg

If the 12z and 18z runs follow suit ill bleedin flip out !! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Never mind the model runs. has anybody had a look at what their local Crows are up to today, I have and it is very interesting!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

Im not up on all this weather talk about charts etc. Im laymans terms,is there a decent chance of snow along the east coast anytime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

What are the crows at SB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Super hoop wrote: »
    Im not up on all this weather talk about charts etc. Im laymans terms,is there a decent chaice of snow along the east coast anytime soon?

The output frm the models would suggest that there is potential for a snow event or events along the east coast and further inland in a weeks time. Though that is about as accurate as anyone can be right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Never mind the model runs. has anybody had a look at what their local Crows are up to today, I have and it is very interesting!!!!

Building brick houses that WolfeIRE can't blow down with a snow blizzard or perhaps packing their suitcases to head off to join the swallows in Africa for the festive season? :confused:

Mine have disappeared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

kstand wrote: »

The output frm the models would suggest that there is potential for a snow event or events along the east coast and further inland in a weeks time. Though that is about as accurate as anyone can be right now.
    :-):-):-) won't tell the kids yet so!! I live slightly north of balbriggan about 3miles inland. Hope it lashes down and stays for xmas!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement