Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

Snow tiyres fitted today, we live in hope :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

DoneDL wrote: »
    Snow tiyres fitted today, we live in hope :D

Did you keep your receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

diceyd wrote: »
    not looking forward to driveing into work at 4am on the roads
    As long as your not a boy racer you'll be fine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

BX 19 wrote: »
    I see it as a challange. Managed to get around fine in the defender during the last big snow.

some more unseen pics of 2010

poor mobile phone quality (20th -21st dec ish)

UCD Student center (Closed the Campus that day as far as I remember. My exams were cancelled the Friday)

21122010019.jpg

Car park in UCD

21122010022.jpg

The N11 round the junction for Vincents Hosp.

21122010023.jpg

DSLR quality of home (25th I think). The road was a sheet of compacted snow that had turned into ice. It was about 3 inches thick. 4x4 or tractor only.

DSC02149.jpg

Nice photos! Something drastic to happen during the exams this year...end of the world as we know it:

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

i might be in the minoirity here but im glad its lookin like it wont snow next week,dont get me wrong i love the cold frosty weather far more than the mild muck this time of year but i got my share of snow in 09 and 10 and drivin to work was a nightmare and i aint got any more floating days :(

funny enough, most of the vehicles buried in ditches when i was drivin to work in the winter of 10 were 4 x 4 and jeeps, i think some people thought they were indestructable:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

howlinwolf wrote: »
    i might be in the minoirity here but im glad its lookin like it wont snow next week,dont get me wrong i love the cold frosty weather far more than the mild muck this time of year but i got my share of snow in 09 and 10 and drivin to work was a nightmare and i aint got any more floating days :(

funny enough, most of the vehicles buried in ditches when i was drivin to work in the winter of 10 were 4 x 4 and jeeps, i think some people thought they were indestructable:rolleyes:

Pulled plenty of them out with my landcruiser - so many g%bshi/3s hadnt a clue how to drive them and not just the x5 crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

howlinwolf wrote: »

Yes, same observations here, and i'm a mechanic who had to straighten a few 4x4's out that year. I personally had no trouble with the road conditions in a 94 vw golf turbo diesel. Actually it was great Entertainment when driving around slipsliding "off road" vehicles and laughing at the sunglasses getting steamed up even when their on the drivers head!!

We call them Velux windows for drivers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

The next person who posts pictures of snow from 2010 or somewhere else...

I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My vision of snow, now or within the next 2 1/2 months!

We will work within 72 hour models from now on, our judgement will not be waned :D

Snow will come, it is inevitable...

• Site Banned Posts: 7 Gerardo_12

Although snow will lead to inconvenience, Christmas should be celebrated with snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

dacogawa wrote: »

Snow will come, it is inevitable...

it absolutely isnt. in fact there is now little potential for the next month. might as well close this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Larbre34 wrote: »
    it absolutely isnt. in fact there is now little potential for the next month. might as well close this thread!

I'm sorry, but that is an incredibly ignorant thing to say. You're saying that there is little potential for the rest of the month off what exactly? The fact that there won't be 5ft drifts of snow next week? Unless you can see into the future I don't know why you would make up such a false statement. If you were looking at the models a few days ago you would have thought we'd have a beast from the east scenario this week. Who's to say the models won't flip around again in another week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I've got reports on Facebook of snow at Stephens green? Not sure if its a pisstake or not tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

Larbre34 wrote: »

the name of this thread is LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD .......so are you saying there isn't even a possibility of a cold crisp day in the next month?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭FionnK86

I'd love to have snow again this year!!!

We live on the Curragh, the plains are free off hedges so the hills are like theme parks,its class:)

Hopefully its when the kids are off school because we had some in Leaving Cert and it really made our exams harder in Christmas. And it wasn't fair on our bus driver who had to get up in the morning, get everyone to school to find out it was cancelled at 9 and drop everyone back. Happened three times the third time he got so annoyed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

I've got reports on Facebook of snow at Stephens green? Not sure if its a pisstake or not tho!

JjBEq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

There's a snow machine going off Grafton St, I thought it was snowing also until I spotted the machine blowing out snow from out from a 3rd floor window. It looks cool though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

That explains it-I was like wtf when I saw the post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Gaynna

Deank wrote: »
    There's a snow machine going off Grafton St, I thought it was snowing also until I spotted the machine blowing out snow from out from a 3rd floor window. It looks cool though.

...and you didn't take a picture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Well if the snow is not going to come to us, then I guess we have to go to the snow.....

This is what Lugnaquilla looked like at lunch time today.

DSC00232.jpg

Yep, pretty much a whiteout.

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

DSC002271.jpg

DSC00246.jpg

Finally, two short videos. Turn down your sound - lots of wind noise.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I'm giving up on this thread till after christmas unless anyone is going to Lapland in the interim ????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Guys when you are replying to a post with a lot of pictures dont include them in your reply, it makes a sh..e of the posts when you are reading them

We're is lugnaquilla.

It is a mountain in Wicklow. Any chance you could edit your post and remove the quote of my post? (or a mod)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

SnowDrifts wrote: »

It is a mountain in Wicklow. Any chance you could edit your post and remove the quote of my post? (or a mod)

Removed :)..... Have to say just seen met eireann forecast very depressing looking at it.

Removed :)..... Have to say just seen met eireann forecast very depressing looking at it.

Cheers. Yeah, it is certainly not looking good for the short term but we still have 3 more potential snow months ahead so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Gaynna wrote: »

...and you didn't take a picture?

No unfortunately I didn't get a chance to many people milling about and I was trying to keep an eye on my daughter. Sorry ye'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭zidewayz

Well if the snow is not going to come to us, then I guess we have to go to the snow.....

This is what Lugnaquilla looked like at lunch time today.
    QUOTE]

Nice!
    Hope you were not up there on your own. Pretty big mountain.
    Still yet to conquer Lug. Managed to get three quaters of the way up last year from Glen of Imeal, decided to do a u-turn when snow was getting deep and visability poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Cheers. Yeah, it is certainly not looking good for the short term but we still have 3 more potential snow months ahead so fingers crossed!

but didn't they say -5 for tuesday night??

so with that temp..snow is possible

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Ramp of the day.
    This isn't a chart for the coming week so check the date on it.
    A remarkable similarity I think.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/ra/1947/Rrea00119470108.gif

• Advertisement

zidewayz wrote: »
    Nice!
    Hope you were not up there on your own. Pretty big mountain.
    Still yet to conquer Lug. Managed to get three quaters of the way up last year from Glen of Imeal, decided to do a u-turn when snow was getting deep and visability poor.

No, I wasn't on my own but saw one guy who was - kinda brave/stupid. The visibility turned very poor from about half way up. Hard to do without GPS or map and compass. There were deep snow drifts in places too. Snowline was from about 750 meters.
    fryup wrote: »
    but didn't they say -5 for tuesday night??

so with that temp..snow is possible

I think there is some chance of streamers on Tuesday/Wednesday for the east coast but nothing of any significance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement