Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CrimsonSunrise

zidewayz wrote: »
    Now I think I know why I have a fascination with cold weather and snow. No major snow events in cork or south during 80's 90's.

Yeah it seems more the 19th and early 20th century that Cork and south coast received significant snowfall, but not so much towards the end of the 20th century nor so far this century. Interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

GFS prediction for 21st December. It's the end.............!!

232532.png

Its actually the temperatures at 10 hPa chart. (30 kms up in the stratosphere).

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

GFS prediction for 21st December. It's the end.............!!

232532.png

Its actually the temperatures at 10 hPa chart. (30 kms up in the stratosphere).

Does... does... does this mean it will snow in my backyard? Does it..huh? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Does... does... does this mean it will snow in my backyard? Does it..huh? :eek:

Are you up in the mountains?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

It's a joke chart Horse lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gugsy

tag.gif

Currently not looking good at the moment for a white one but the temp have come down from yesterdays report

Weathering wrote: »
    It's a joke chart Horse lol

I know.I was kidding, ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

i would love to have been on here in 2010,i can only imagine the carnage that went on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

diceyd wrote: »
    i would love to have been on here in 2010,i can only imagine the carnage that went on

You have NO idea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

leahyl wrote: »

You have NO idea :D

I was in Korea in 2010 and the Korean city workers shovelled the snow off the road and into huge piles on the pavement. This just melted or was stamped on by pedestrians - creating awesome ice rinks around Seoul or other towns and cities.

• Advertisement

many a refresh button was broken.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lossagh

I've been really enjoying lurking and reading these boards (hoping for snow myself or at least a nice cold brisk winter), been learning a lot from you all in the process. This sudden quiet after last weeks chaos is somewhat disconcerting! Does it always die down when there's no sign of unusual weather coming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭corksurfer2005

The birds are all of a sudden going mad for the nuts in our back garden, something big is coming I tells ya!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

It's so quiet around here? It's not looking good for any cold weather anytime soon bit can anyone tell me is there hope for cold maybe given some snow at lower levels for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Think five new posts every time you reload the page for a month straight, even through the middle of the night, and you'll get a fair idea of what it was like around here. The mods had a bit of work to do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

It's so quiet around here? It's not looking good for any cold weather anytime soon bit can anyone tell me is there hope for cold maybe given some snow at lower levels for Christmas

Been plenty cold first 2 weeks of December!

Jan/Feb is a much better time for snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I think many members are suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder after THAT easterly disappeared into thin air last week, over on Netweather there are toys flying all over the place.
    Not looking good for cold weather? Today is 4c with a very keen se'ly giving quite a wind chill though it will get less cold, I think only the extreme south west will get a 10c+ over the weekend as thankfully warm sectors are well to the south of us (unlike last year)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Last 7 days

Ballyhaise -3.1 below average
    Gurteen -3.5
    Casement -3.2
    Dublin Airport -3.0 (53% rain and 146% sun, nice weather :))
    Oak Park -3.7

Closer to normal at Cork Airport and Valentia, both -1.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

The birds are all of a sudden going mad for the nuts in our back garden, something big is coming I tells ya!

:pac:

Yeah defo. Been watching a blackbird in our garden at the berries. He's absolutely stocking up over the last few days. With the temps at 4c generally overe last couple of days it's freezing this afteernoon - can somebody please explain how wind chill works? Wind is currently south east so I'm surprised at how cold it is

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I downloaded ME's fun report on snow events in the last 2 centuries. just realised they called the pdf SnowfallAnal ! they know us so well!!

• Advertisement

It's going to snow tonight in northern areas. I can just feel it in my bones
    applaud my correctness tomorrow guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

I for one enjoyed the mini cold snap, Crispy white days very christmasy.
    Ice still hasn't melted in places here yet.
    Just cant believe we have had 2-3 cool months and feck all snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Weathering wrote: »

Do you care to elaborate??

Tongue in cheek pattern matching. First chart is tonights ECM t240, second is a chart in the lead up to the brutally cold second half to winter in 1947, one of Irelands most famous winters in history in terms of cold. The two charts are broadly similar, so everyone should keep the faith and not feat the end of winter is nigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

No snow this year lock it up admin lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

John.Icy wrote: »
    Tongue in cheek pattern matching. First chart is tonights ECM t240, second is a chart in the lead up to the brutally cold second half to winter in 1947, one of Irelands most famous winters in history in terms of cold. The two charts are broadly similar, so everyone should keep the faith and not feat the end of winter is nigh.

Analog forcasting really doesn't work ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

No snow visible on the models til the new year.

WHO LIKES KNITTING???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    No snow visible on the models til the new year.

Could all change in the models very fast be sure to let us know in here *when they do. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

However the frost will be widespread and severe on Monday morning and during Monday night and Tuesday morning

Part of ME outlook issued 0538: That's a quick return to colder conditions isn't it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement