Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Sponge Bob wrote: »

WHO LIKES KNITTING???

Prefer a good aul snow dance my self.

wMB3m.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Pangea wrote: »

wMB3m.gif

:eek:

Part of ME outlook issued 0538: That's a quick return to colder conditions isn't it.

And then:

"More heavy rain spreads up across the country through the middle of next week." :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

WHO LIKES KNITTING???

Unless you are knitting me individual snowflakes SpongeBob.... put away the needles!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Pangea wrote: »

wMB3m.gif

I like this one

2152086985_86e03d3c6c_o.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

leahyl wrote: »
    And then:

"More heavy rain spreads up across the country through the middle of next week." :(
    Yes, remaining unsettled but still cold
    I've been keeping an eye on ME obs for the far southwest just to see what temperatures are like behind the clearance. At the moment Sherkin Island is 8c which is about the same as yesterday before the "milder" air arrived. I think 11c was expected in those parts today? The really mild air is much further south, look at the west coast of France.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Reurmett.html

I'm watching videos of snowfall on youtube...that's how deprived I am!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lossagh

I didn't know that kind of thing even existed! Brilliant. *goes off searching* ;)

Lossagh wrote: »
    I didn't know that kind of thing even existed! Brilliant. *goes off searching* ;)

There's videos of the snow from 1982 and all :pac: Not very good quality but it scratches the itch!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

With the Jet Stream kind of ON us a lot of the time and then to the North we may get teased by some sleet before the year is out.

Certainly not the mild bore last year was anyways.

Wev got -5.1c in MT Dillon already!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Hi all,

After 13 months in Salt Lake City, UT. I am coming home for a couple of weeks. Sorry as much as I wish it, I can't bring the snow home with me. Luckily for me I do get my snow fix here. Anyway justed popped in to say hello.

Gavin

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭zidewayz

GavinH wrote: »
    Hi all,

After 13 months in Salt Lake City, UT. I am coming home for a couple of weeks. Sorry as much as I wish it, I can't bring the snow home with me. Luckily for me I do get my snow fix here. Anyway justed popped in to say hello.

Gavin

No snow is better than Irish snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Didn't know were to post this,I remember this storm in Donegal
    We had no electricity for 4days
    Mental thinking back, I was only 9
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day_Storm

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Weathering wrote: »
    Didn't know were to post this,I remember this storm in Donegal
    We had no electricity for 4days
    Mental thinking back, I was only 9
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day_Storm

We didn't get impacted by that down on Cork at all, just a light breeze, but we did get hammered by the Christmas eve storm the previous year, people with electric ovens had to find other means to cook the Turkey that year.

It is only a matter of time before we get hit by another storm like this, they come along every now and then, as that was 15/16 years ago we are due a big storm again.

Also the only snow anybody is going to get before Christmas is when they shake there snow globe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 johnnyoneone

Anyone know what the Donagal postman has been smoking? Surely there isn't going to be snow before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Anyone know what the Donagal postman has been smoking? Surely there isn't going to be snow before Christmas?

There already has been snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Can't believe this pointless tread is still going
    It's NOT going to snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭maw368

It lasted all day too, looked like there was snow in the sky but it never came

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

davidsr20 wrote: »

Reverse psychology, I like that. (:p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

davidsr20 wrote: »

The thread is for the whole winter I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

In fairness this more so to do with the major population centres. It will snow somewhere in the country during the winter, just wether there will be people around to enjoy it or not is the question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It is highly likely that it will snow for a day this winter. The thread will have hit 10000 posts by then no doubt. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭snowgal

I got my snow fix, yippee!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

snowgal wrote: »
    I got my snow fix, yippee!

Where was that pic taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭snowgal

In Lapland, couldn't handle all the threads here of maybe snow so went and found plenty instead! I'm a happy snowgal now!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Conrach

But, it isn't Christmas yet and there has been snow. He has been correct! I have seen snow on the Mournes on more than one occasion this winter. The 1st time was actually at the end of Oct., only lasted about 12 hours on the peaks but it was still snow. There was 3 consecutive days of snow on the Mournes early this month with no thaw during the day and not only on the peaks. My house overlooks the Mournes.
    Gullion has had snow, as have the Cooleys. There have been reports and photos on this forum of snow in Wicklow.
    I have seen pics and heard reports of snow in Derry and Tyrone.

So..What constitutes legitimate snow fall in Ireland?? What altitude? What Province? What county? What town/village or in who's bloody backyard? :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Conrach wrote: »
    So..What constitutes legitimate snow fall in Ireland?? What altitude? What Province? What county? What town/village or in who's bloody backyard? :rolleyes:

We discussed this recently, if we take Finner out of Finner and stick it half way up Errigal instead we will be a snowier country for it. :D

Most Synoptic stations are very low down, Knock Airport is the highest.

Braemar in the UK is much higher up than Knock and much futher north.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Conrach

We discussed this recently, if we take Finner out of Finner and stick it half way up Errigal instead we will be a snowier country for it. :D

Most Synoptic stations are very low down, Knock Airport is the highest.

Braemar in the UK is much higher up than Knock and much futher north.

LOL. I get all that :D but everyone seems to be an IMBY and unless they were in Finner, which was moved to Errigal during a snowfall, there still won't have been any snow in Ireland (which actually means their area) and therefore everyone got it wrong and the forecasts were ****e.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement