Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Didnt get a chance to walk up kippure today, But there was snow around from last nights falls.

Heres the last remaining patch of snow. For what its worth anyway....

20121230199.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Woke up in middle of the night with all the noisy showers, wet snow was fairly coming down at that time.
    Some snow on the hills this morning, a truly awful day here today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

fuk off you wanker.what did that posts, relevance have to this thread'

Not very nice. You must lead an enthralling life if you are so easily annoyed.
    Feel sorry for those who live with u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

I did. But sadly's not delivered here yet. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Blizzard 2010

Maybe the 2nd half of January will deliver who knows:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

I love living up here but it has its pros and cons , beautifull views, clean air, wildlife ect. but the weather can be cruel and unrelenting wind and rain, storms are worse up here , growing season is quite a bit shorter , the need to tie the hens to bricks for fear they end up in Leitrim! (I jest!)

I wonder where the higest dwelling is in Ireland?

LOL glad you got a taste of the white stuff Mountainyman..it looked gorgeous... and by the way, just let the chickens know they would have been glad of the bricks keeping them in Sligo last night cause all that my part of Leitrim got apart from the wind was rain, rain and more rain... not even a 'poxy' (Iancar) bit of sleet!
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,415 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

this is as much snow as we had on sunday morning (30/12/2012) outside donegal town 100m above sea level)

234409.png

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

this is as much snow as we had on sunday morning (30/12/2012) outside donegal town 100m above sea level)

234409.png

Jasus, get the studded tyres on pronto like! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

234409.png

Are they the tracks of a snow leopard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

the final ramp of 2012.
    Happy snowy new year!!

Rrea00119470119.gif

Rtavn2041.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Happy new year people lets hope we still have a chance for snow this winter and next ❄❄❄❄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Snowy new year Boardsies!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I call for a new thread.

Though not dated, it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Snowing here at the moment, not sticking so far. 1.3 C .(event No. 3)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Starting 2013 off with a ramp from Ian Fergusson from the BBC : :P
    It's a fascinating time developing and trust me - the more I hear about what could happen later January from UKMO colleagues, the more exciting it becomes. There's a real buzz in discussions about this one.... (and I'm not normally drawn by such things!!)

(via Netweather)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

(via Netweather)

:-O!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

And off we go again ... love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

• Registered Users Posts: 24,194 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

(via Netweather)

Thats irritatingly cryptic, what's he talking about? I assume its some FI scenario along the lines of MTs winter playout but he could just as easily mean its fascinating to see that we are looking at a fortnight of 17C at the end of Jan with the earliest spring growth since the Roman times...

• Advertisement

jimmy.d wrote: »

Groan, its no shock the Mail isnt accepting comments on that article, people are probably ready so slate them over the previous disastrous articles ramping the cr*p out of November and December. Admittedly there was terrible flooding in Britain but no wintry weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

They are torn between 3 different headlines, sometimes they use all 3 in the same week

- artic freeze, coldest since x
    - deluge, wettest since y
    - scorcher, hottest since z

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Thats irritatingly cryptic, what's he talking about?

The forecasted stratospheric warming, and the changes it might bring to our weather later this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Blizzard 2010

We could be in for severe wintry weather during the middle of this month if this SSW comes off. Time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Guess who's prediciting a scorcher of a summer.......Ken Ring (cue the abuse!:pac:) - there was a report on our local radio station this morning :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

leahyl wrote: »
    Guess who's prediciting a scorcher of a summer.......Ken Ring (cue the abuse!:pac:) - there was a report on our local radio station this morning :rolleyes:

Country under 5 feet of water so ! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I heard reference to that on Newstalks paper review, should have guessed it was him or another soothsayer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

mike65 wrote: »
    I heard reference to that on Newstalks paper review, should have guessed it was him or another soothsayer

Harm Luijks from Met Éireann is not amused...

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2013/0102/breaking19.html

Duiske wrote: »

Good man Harm, well said. They played the clip of this spoofer again on Newstalk Lunchtime and only I was driving I would have texted them to tell them to research his reputation before giving it airtime. The presenter was cynical enough but they should have had someone on to give a proper reposte.

I mean seriously advising people during what periods they should book their summer leave?? Was this lad sitting at the foot of a French mountain on 21/12/12 as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

jimmy.d wrote: »
    That report is from 2004.

This is the 3rd time I've seen it pop up on a thread like this. I think it appeared here in December 2011 as well.

Here's the BBC report from the same week, note the exact same quote from the PA weathercentre guy; http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/3426661.stm

No fan of the Daily Mail (they need to date stamp their bloody articles), but they talk enough nonsense without having to make it up :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement