Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Snow-shovel-shovel-frozen-freeze-smiley-emoticon-000799-large.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    The UK would do VERY well, -10 850hpa temps by 180 hours.

Indeed. England and even Wales could do very well from next weekend onward if that GFS run is right. We'd just have to be patient and hope that the block sets up in the right place to open the floodgates our way.

All eyes will be on the 12Z ECM.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭Oarrack Bama

At this rate I would not be surprised if there was a real risk of snowfall here over the weekend. Only slight upgrades needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I know snow of any kind would do but i tell you one thing i really miss..............THUNDERSNOW ! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I remember these conversations from previous threads - it normally doesn't end well!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

All eyes will be on the 12Z ECM.

I predict tears of joy steadily turning to tears of rage around 1830hrs tonight. Or champagne celebrations.

leahyl wrote: »
    I remember these conversations from previous threads - it normally doesn't end well!! :D

Santa-tired.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

I know snow of any kind would do but i tell you one thing i really miss..............THUNDERSNOW ! :eek:

DON'T JOKE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

I predict tears of joy steadily turning to tears of rage around 1830hrs tonight. Or champagne celebrations.

Yep, no way ECM will agree with GFS and UKMO. Might as well prepare ourselves for a big disappointment

At this rate I would not be surprised if there was a real risk of snowfall here over the weekend. Only slight upgrades needed.

12Z GEM.

gem-2-126.png?12
    gem-1-132.png?12

Could be interesting alright. Small changes between now and then will make a big difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

So this is what we,ll all be doing the weekend.......:eek::P

hondahs1336ihybridsnowb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Apart from deep FI and a brief flirtation with cold uppers on Satrday night/Sunday morning we're not exactly seeing any snowfall on the horizion just yet. The best part of the GFS and UKMO runs is the greenland high. Current runs look great for England/Wales, hopefully this blocking takes place and we should get our snow chance down the line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

Its gone into Meltdown over on Net Weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

esposito wrote: »
    Yep, no way ECM will agree with GFS and UKMO. Might as well prepare ourselves for a big disappointment

But do bear in mind Saturday isn't really FI, models should begin to agree.....

12Z GEM.

gem-2-126.png?12
    gem-1-132.png?12

Could be interesting alright. Small changes between now and then will make a big difference.

I see that and I raise you the 12z GFS ensemble mean for Saturday night

gens-21-0-120.png?12

Getting colder bit by bit.

;)

Special RTE news report on the cold!!!!

I see that and I raise you the 12z GFS ensemble mean for Saturday night

;)

That isnt the ensemble mean. Its the control run.

Fixed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Guys what would you regard as reliable time frame given the models at the moment 96/72 hrs or less

That isnt the ensemble mean. Its the control run.

Sorry posted the control beforehand by accident.

Uh....control run not looking good for blocking. Different fron the op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

delw wrote: »
    Guys what would you regard as reliable time frame given the models at the moment 96/72 hrs or less

Based on past failed easterlys- id say +72hrs. But if all models agree +96hrs with a small pinch of salt.

Absolutely stunning charts today! Expecting/hoping ECM to fall into line on the 12z.

Dan :)

Uh....control run not looking good for blocking. Different fron the op.

What is the control run? How is it different from the other members of the GEFS?

Whats is the control run? How is different from the other members of the GEFS?

It starts with the same conditions as the op but run at the same (lower) resolution as the other ensemble members.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

200 people in the Forum now ...boards will crash again if it does Snow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Most of the GEFS members have the upper temperatures dipping down to about -7C/-8C at least in the East by Sunday now
    235463.gif

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Would personally leave it til Thursday night at the earliest before anything could possibly be set in stone (or snow for this matter). Been reluctant to comment on anything over the last few days but whatever the outcome short term, it is looking positive in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Trogdor wrote: »
    Most of the GEFS members have the upper temperatures dipping down to about -7C/-8C at least in the East by Sunday now
    235463.gif

With between 45% & 60% chance of snow on 13th/14th :D

Really don't like the look of the ensembles & control, with regard to the longer term, they look to be leaning towards the ECM. That op run may have trolled us.

Really don't like the look of the ensembles & control, with regard to the longer term, they look to be leaning towards the ECM. That op run may have trolled us.

The UKMO gives broad support. The outlook has gone more in favour of colder conditions overall this evening. ECM is a big one tonight - we really need to see a change there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

I'd say focus on this weekend and don't worry about far FI with all that is happening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement