Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Met Eireann have changed their update - this morning it was definitely mild weather for the weekend and onwards from what i recall.

National Forecast

08 January 2013 16:31

Wednesday night: Generally dry, clear and cold with a sharp to severe frost and some icy patches. Lowest air temperatures zero to -4 degrees. However over Munster after early frost it is likely to cloud over with the frost clearing as scattered outbreaks of light rain move up from the south.

Thursday: Spells of heavy rain will develop over Connacht, Munster and south Leinster. Dry over the rest of Leinster and Ulster apart from patchy rain. Rather cool with highest temperatures of 5 to 9 degrees. The rain will die out Thursday night and as clear spells develop frost and icy patches will form. Lowest air temperatures zero to -3 degrees.

Friday: Some hazy sunshine but mostly cloudy. There will be a lot of dry weather around but scattered outbreaks of light rain will become more widespread during the evening, turning persistent in the southwest. Another cool day with highest temperatures 5 to 9 degrees in light breezes.

Saturday: Cold and windy with just wintry showers.

There will be frost and icy patches Friday night and Saturday night but there is a possibility of cloudy, milder weather again moving in from the Atlantic during Sunday and Sunday night bringing temperatures back up to between 8 and 12 degrees for next week with some wet and windy spells likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

All runs for the next 4 weeks are big ones judging by the trends, however I'm giving up on even looking at anything beyond +72, otherwise you could go insane chasing 7-10 day stuff and all of a sudden you've chased so many its the 1st of April and nothing has happened.

I'm sticking with my earlier gut feeling, that the SSW wont come down to favour our location and we will not get the established cold source fetch and blocking high. I dont expect anything but some transitional wintriness up to mid February

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Met Eireann have changed their update - this morning it was definitely mild weather for the weekend and onwards from what i recall.

National Forecast

Wednesday night: Generally dry, clear and cold with a sharp to severe frost and some icy patches. Lowest air temperatures zero to -4 degrees. However over Munster after early frost it is likely to cloud over with the frost clearing as scattered outbreaks of light rain move up from the south.

Thursday: Spells of heavy rain will develop over Connacht, Munster and south Leinster. Dry over the rest of Leinster and Ulster apart from patchy rain. Rather cool with highest temperatures of 5 to 9 degrees. The rain will die out Thursday night and as clear spells develop frost and icy patches will form. Lowest air temperatures zero to -3 degrees.

Friday: Some hazy sunshine but mostly cloudy. There will be a lot of dry weather around but scattered outbreaks of light rain will become more widespread during the evening, turning persistent in the southwest. Another cool day with highest temperatures 5 to 9 degrees in light breezes.

There will be frost and icy patches Friday night and Saturday night but there is a possibility of cloudy, milder weather again moving in from the Atlantic during Sunday and Sunday night bringing temperatures back up to between 8 and 12 degrees for next week with some wet and windy spells likely.

The outlook hasn't changef from their FC this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Nope, theyve cited the colder spell for this weekend since Sunday last with little variation. They had mild weather for next Sunday onwards since last night on the back of earlier uncertainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Nope, theyve cited the colder spell for this weekend since Sunday last with little variation. They had mild weather for next Sunday onwards since last night on the back of earlier uncertainty.

I stand corrected! I just thought they more definite this morning and have changed the wording now to 'a possibility' with regards to milder weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

National Forecast

Looks like someone from ME might have been on the ramping thread a bit too long.... just wintery showers... nothing else....:D and I can't say I wouldn't want that as a forecast!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

18Z ECM rolling out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

18Z ECM rolling out....

I'm worn out! But I need to watch!

[IMG][/img]bertstare-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2177.gif

Next frame will be the decider...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭Oarrack Bama

ECM follows GFS out to 120hrs. Looks good. Again (I know I keep saying it!) once the jet stream is north south the LP's to the north are coming south.

Recm1201.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Cross model agreement and a beautiful +120hrs chart from the ECM with -7c uppers onto the east coast ... :)

Dan :)

Also note at 120 on the ECM sleet/snow likely in the west. There is a frontal system just off shore.

Ireland and southwest England heavy snowfall at 144hrs - classic! :D

Recm1442.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

t144 ECM 12z..... :eek: It's going there isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

+144 is heaven with serious snow potential and a greeny high building :O :D

Dan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

Great Day for Watching the Models, Maybe we should dedicate it to those that fell in battle over the winter!

[IMG][/img]79974776.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

He whom shall not be mentioned

[IMG][/img]inmanphonebbc468x568.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mr S Campo

[IMG][/img]couragewolffunny7.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Big Bad Wolf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Ireland and southwest England heavy snowfall at 144hrs - classic! :D

Recm1442.gif

lovely chart...atlantic low meets cold :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Jackpot:D...liking this ecm run

12Z ECM looking a lot better than the 0Z at 144. A snowfest for the UK there but uppers look the wrong side of marginal for us apart from the northeast, maybe does detals hardly matter at 144 anyway - the more important thing is that the ECM has backtracked now.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

Is it gonna happen guys??? S**w????

• Advertisement

Super hoop wrote: »
    Is it gonna happen guys??? S**w????

Increasingly likely. Anyone who wants cold and snow it's looking very good for you guys!

12Z ECM looking a lot better than the 0Z at 144. A snowfest for the UK there but uppers look the wrong side of marginal for us apart from the northeast, maybe does detals hardly matter at 144 anyway - the more important thing is that the ECM has backtracked now.

Wouldnt take much tweaking for it to turn into a snow fest. As it stands any where above 200m in the east would do lovely/

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

ECM turning into a Beast at T168

168 hrs

Recm1681.gif

Ohhhh Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittt! :D

ECH1-168_ggs3.GIF

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Wouldnt take much tweaking for it to turn into a snow fest. As it stands any where above 200m in the east would do lovely/

Disagree - that is all. No tweaking needed there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Ohhhh Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittt! :D

ECH1-168_ggs3.GIF
    Is that a shed load of s**w??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Queue meltdown on Netweather ! ha

168 is a lovely chart

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

Tá Sí ag Teacht! An Beithíoch...

• Advertisement