Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Its so hard trying to study for an exam with all this excitement about cold atm Ugh, might have to turn off laptop and put it in the attic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Weathering wrote: »

Don't be so pessimistic
    Just adding a note of cautious realism.
    we appear to be on a road to siberius,but it's more likely to be a longer winding one than painted tonight.
    We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

18Z GFS starts in 3 mins.

Folks if you don't have the link to the GFS, its just below and the 18z charts are rolling out now. Look at the colour keys at the bottom of the screen (Run 12h and Run18h) - you will see the midday runs are gradually being replaced by the 6pm run.

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?ech=6&code=0&mode=1

I have an awful feeling that after the hysteria generated by the 12z ECM back at 7pm, this GFS will show a raging Atlantic and a lot of toys will be "chucked out of pram" over on NetWeather :D

D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

whitebriar wrote: »
    Just adding a note of cautious realism.
    we appear to be on a road to siberius,but it's more likely to be a longer winding one than painted tonight.
    We'll see.

Tis the ramping thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

delw wrote: »
    GFS starting to roll out,hope every one in buckled in ;)

After how poor the 12Z GFS ensembles were for blocking later in the period I'm now almost expecting the 18Z op to let us down. I hope it doesn't! But if it does happen, it won't be the end of the world either, look how much the ECM changed in the last 12 hours. Just be prepared...just in case. It's quite possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

derekon wrote: »
    Folks if you don't have the link to the GFS, its just below and the 18z charts are rolling out now. Look at the colour keys at the bottom of the screen (Run 12h and Run18h) - you will see the midday runs are gradually being replaced by the 6pm run.

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?ech=6&code=0&mode=1

I have an awful feeling that after the hysteria generated by the 12z ECM back at 7pm, this GFS will show a raging Atlantic and a lot of toys will be "chucked out of pram" over on NetWeather :D

D

And on boards.ie we will just chuck you overboard! :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

After how poor the 12Z GFS ensembles were for blocking later in the period I'm now almost expecting the 18Z op to let us down. I hope it doesn't! But if it does happen, it won't be the end of the world either, look how much the ECM changed in the last 12 hours. Just be prepared...just in case. It's quite possible.
    The way things have been going Maq a backtrack would not be a shock but fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

delw wrote: »
    GFS starting to roll out,hope every one in buckled in ;)

Could be a rough ride!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5444-1354297408-3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

300+ people on the weather forum, there must be new models on the way, with the word snow somewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

YIPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE.

It's time to re-join the weather crew:D:D:D

We're going to get a snow hammering. 10 hours of thunder snow, 3 feet of graupel and biblical proportion drifts of 1947 magnitude on the way.

Stock up on tins of soup, and attend to yourself before you look after children and fellow passengers.

I feel it in my bones......it's going to happen this time.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

Spindle wrote: »
    300+ people on the weather forum, there must be new models on the way, with the word snow somewhere!

It's the only reason I'm here.

Give me my snow, people.
    thunder snow

I forgot all about thunder snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Roller-coaster-emotions-2429.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

and at what point do you think the ramping thread is at, at this particular point in time... or need I ask!:D

eskimocat wrote: »
    and at what point do you think the ramping thread is at, at this particular point in time... or need I ask!:D

Definitely unease.

eskimocat wrote: »

Looking Good

creepy-smile-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-179.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Keep waiting for the models to ruin it all but they are not playing snowball

Not sure about this one yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

as all good weather men say "Get in there my Son!!!!!":D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Not sure about this one yet....

:confused: What has you worried , jet split , low goes SE of us , cold uppers still coming

You have me wondering now

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Remarkably similar to the 12z so far. Surprising, yet very welcome :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Definitely unease.
    Looking Good

I see we have players on both sides of the bell curve...Gentlemen (and the ladies of course) place your bets ......

:confused: What has you worried , jet split , low goes SE of us , cold uppers still coming

You have me wondering now

Too much correlation at this stage between models to be overly worried, when they begin to diverge then I will worry.

Netweather has crashed , must be another dacent run :pac:

235524.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's not looking overly dissimilar to 12z at the moment tbh. Instead we have the cold air mass pushing further west but still not penetrating us. Might change on 06z.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Netweather has crashed , must be another dacent run :pac:

235524.png
    Was in the middle of updating my profile location etc then boom! It crashed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

The 168 looks good

So far so good...

I'm just wary every time I see something a bit different. :P

It's not looking overly dissimilar to 12z at the moment tbh. Instead we have the cold air mass pushing further west but still not penetrating us. Might change on 06z.

We just need a small push west , the HP trying to link up into greenland pushes the colder uppers away , short term pain for long term gain ,

And the pain aint even that bad

So far so good...

Yea the high was 50 miles further south for a while... time stood still.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

So far so good...

This looks slightly better to me, might take a little longer but there seems to be more precipitation around!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement