Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Which means:confused:

spongebobchristmas.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Sponge Bob wrote: »

spongebobchristmas.gif

Lol - love it !

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Blizzard 2010

gozunda wrote: »
    Lol - love it !
    So do I:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

:)
    Agreed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Blizzard 2010

So do I:D
    Back to business - sleet and snow is becoming more likely now. Maybe not to the same degree as 2010 but none the less the east will have wintry showers:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Wolfe_IRE

Back to business - sleet and snow is becoming more likely now. Maybe not to the same degree as 2010 but none the less the east will have wintry showers:)
    Looking a little better after latest gfs and ecm with the arctic cold tap being switched on over Finland/western Russia. still think we will be waiting until week two or three of Dec if we are to see any snow here. Looking more likely every day though it must be said

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Frostine

Op, you can have some of our snow if you like! It's snowing and -10C right now and we're expected to get about 10-20 cm's by tomorrow.

But I don't mind the snow, hell we embrace the snow here! I love having a white Christmas! Sometimes we actually get too warm and it's a brown Christmas :mad:.

Check out this video to see how fast we get snow and how fast it can melt.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IgCilC7o1c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Frostine wrote: »
    Op, you can have some of our snow if you like! It's snowing and -10C right now and we're expected to get about 10-20 cm's by tomorrow.

But I don't mind the snow, hell we embrace the snow here! I love having a white Christmas! Sometimes we actually get too warm and it's a brown Christmas :mad:.

Check out this video to see how fast we get snow and how fast it can melt.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IgCilC7o1c

That video is awesome! I've just watched it 3 times and now off to show the missus!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

on behalf of Evelyn, Bump!

she announced a polar airflow for the rest of the month, if thats not quality rampage i dont know what is!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Here's Joe Bastardi to cheer everyone up.
    Attention UK Prepare for December 2010 like outbreak. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

Just out of interest, have seasoned chart followers seen similar set ups in the past and have they gone pear shaped before delivering the goods at the last moment or are we into unknown territory?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Just out of interest, have seasoned chart followers seen similar set ups in the past and have they gone pear shaped before delivering the goods at the last moment or are we into unknown territory?

0255_lmyx.gif

Only about 100 times. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭corksurfer2005

Here comes the inevitable Irish pessimism.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Redsunset wrote: »
    Here's Joe Bastardi to cheer everyone up.
    Attention UK Prepare for December 2010 like outbreak. 

Ah, nothing like a bit of hype from Bastardi to lift our spirits! :-D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Only about 100 times. :(

....and that's most winters! :)

I wouldn't be waxing my skis just yet.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    ....and that's most winters! :)

I wouldn't be waxing my skis just yet.

I've been waxing my buttocks in case it sticks to my outhouse toilet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Only about a zillion times.
    Remember this one? The Govt decided to close all schools on the monday when heavy snow was forecast - a thaw set in on sunday.
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/archive/2010/brack/bracka20100111.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Evelyn in full ramp mode :D:D

Shoot, missed it, can you recap?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Brilliant stuff from Evelyn. The Queen of ramp :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

leahyl wrote: »
    Shoot, missed it, can you recap?
    RTE +1 can't wait

RTE +1 can't wait

Don't have RTE+1 :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Rte player? Just watched it on that

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Only about a zillion times.
    Remember this one? The Govt decided to close all schools on the monday when heavy snow was forecast - a thaw set in on sunday.
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/archive/2010/brack/bracka20100111.gif

I saw an artic load of salt being tipped out by the council near dingle today, maybe they know something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

Especially for you- Link to Cork City forecast November 2012 here

You're welcome.

Brilliant stuff from Evelyn. The Queen of ramp :D

I just watched it, am I missing something? She didn't mention anything out of the ordinary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I just watched it, am I missing something? She didn't mention anything out of the ordinary?[/Q

Agreed :confused:, where is the ramping part??

doccy wrote: »
    Especially for you- Link to Cork City forecast November 2012 here

You're welcome.

To me it looked like she was setting the scene for a "possible" shift in weather towards a cooler setup once all the nasty wet crap passes! The more sure the pros get of colder weather to come the more their neck being to stick out to suggest it!

• Advertisement

To me it looked like she was setting the scene for a "possible" shift in weather towards a cooler setup once all the nasty wet crap passes! The more sure the pros get of colder weather to come the more their neck being to stick out to suggest it!

1339767148375.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement