Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

where do you find those actual charts, what websites for ECM, UKMO and GFS?

GFS - http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php

UKMO - http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ukmo2.php

ECM - http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

where do you find those actual charts, what websites for ECM, UKMO and GFS?

You'll get them over here

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?&ech=54&mode=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Cheers !

NAE, only goes to Friday but shows the cold uppers heading westwards

13011100_0906.gif

In fact it seems to bring the cold uppers closer much earlier than GFS / ECM etc.

ECM in 48 hours

ECF0-48_ihj4.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 7 arctic_ire

Hope it snows! My young lads well wound up. Has me pulling him round the house on the sled in training!! I cant explain probabilities to him;hes only 3.5:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭Oarrack Bama

Just be cautious for another couple of runs I reckon. Like the ECM/GEM/NOGAPS evolutions. Any of these and snow is certain particularly next week. GFS is the odd one out and even then the operational run is on the mild side. But it can't be ignored either. So let's see what happens on the 12 pm models.

We don't want a lynch mob in here in the next few days! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

arctic_ire wrote: »
    Hope it snows! My young lads well wound up. Has me pulling him round the house on the sled in training!! I cant explain probabilities to him;hes only 3.5:)

Sounds like the young lad will be on this forum himself in no time ! sled in the house, he must have been watching Home Alone at christmas, have you blocked off the stairs in the house

home-alone-macaulay-culkin-sled-stairs.png

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Just be cautious for another couple of runs I reckon. Like the ECM/GEM/NOGAPS evolutions. Any of these and snow is certain particularly next week. GFS is the odd one out and even then the operational run is on the mild side. But it can't be ignored either. So let's see what happens on the 12 pm models.

We don't want a lynch mob in here in the next few days! :D

It would't be the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭Speak Now

t|nt|n wrote: »
    But what if it snows in May like ??? :D:p

Well then you'll need to a add a hour to the times due to the clocks going forward :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7 arctic_ire

Could get messy at the stairgate!

But seriously. Can i just say thanks to everyone who posts on this forum. Good bad or ugly. Ive lurked too long. Dont know why snow makes me so giddy!!

• Advertisement

Some fecker just booked a meeting in work from 3.30 - 4.30

AHHHHHHH :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

What a beautiful day today, frosty morning, blue sky, cold crisp and sunny. This is how I like winter, the only cloud I want to see is the snow filled type :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Don't worry man.. it will be like yesterdays 12z, you know mild zonal rubbish :)

God I hope !!

Don't worry man.. it will be like yesterdays 12z, you know mild zonal rubbish :)

God I hope !!

Not helping :mad::mad:

ha :pac:;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Sorting on my BB I hope :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Sorting on my BB I hope :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Ha..... eh..... yeah !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

It is funny to look at some of the more reputable weather sights such as weatherweb,net weather,meteo times etc etc,looking at there % of of very cold ,cold or milder weather out comes compared to to the pri Christmas cold spell that was a miss ,most of them got burned then and seem to be playing it very safe on calling it this this time:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

We all know the outlook is a written version of the ECM.

A very easy target to bash them whenever the ECM changes just because we are angry that now the models aren't showing the type of weather we want. Boo hoo.
    Look.
    It's not bashing to suggest they stress uncertainty when things are uncertain.
    They have access to the same suites as all other European met offices,and they have access to their Eu colleagues thoughts,much more so than we do.They must know how uncertain the outlook is.
    If the head of forecasting in Glasnevin,picked up the phone to call his counterpart in Exeter,the call would be answered.
    Not,that that is necessary!Met offices around Europe do have diplomatic relations...and can read each others interpretations when they want.So calling Glasnevin small is not so.

Suggesting regular use of the word uncertainty and suggesting they say 'Stay tuned for updates on that as it could change' is constructive criticism not bashing.

Common sense.
    The good thing is,that common sense is prevailing.
    It won't stop real bashing happening,though because some elements of the public are bound to sadly misunderstand the chopping and changing as Met E not having a clue.
    Whereas we in our bubble know the truth.

That's why,it's important for them to maintain the uncertainty line post 72hrs until there's more agreement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Within the last hour, Simon Keeling [weather school] said it will be a snow lover's paradise. But don't get jumping up and down just yet, the models are like Jekyll n Hyde.

Right I am off to my meeting, please please PLEASE have good news for me when I come back !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Right I am off to my meeting, please please PLEASE have good news for me when I come back !!!!

22982277.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

gbee wrote: »
    Within the last hour, Simon Keeling [weather school] said it will be a snow lover's paradise. But don't get jumping up and down just yet, the models are like Jekyll n Hyde.

For whom though? The east of UK could be getting a dumping at the same time Ireland is cold but stuck under a ridge. In fact UKMO are playing it very cautious on snow spreading very far inland at all. The E'ly flow will need a lot more pep than it shows now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Larbre34 wrote: »
    For whom though? The east of UK could be getting a dumping at the same time Ireland is cold but stuck under a ridge. In fact UKMO are playing it very cautious on snow spreading very far inland at all. The E'ly flow will need a lot more pep than it shows now
    He has a good portion of Ireland under possable snowfall,quite an interesting forecast i defiantly was not expecting him to go for such a cold forecast but as he Say's himself it could all change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Larbre34 wrote: »

We dont need to worry if the ECM or any of the other models are correct-our problem is the GFS. If any of the other models are right then snow is on its way...

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Overused I know but it sums me up at the moment... :pac:
    michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I have my fingers crossed and my rosary beads blessed by michael fish and my relic of joe bastardi beside me.

I don't have much faith in a 12Z GFS turnaround, but I'm giving it everything. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

I'm pretty sure it was posted already so sorry in advance.

When is the next run ? 4pm ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Saganist wrote: »

Just started.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TeaCup2

Saganist wrote: »

GFS rolling out as we speak

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Starting to look ominous tbh. That low to our west is pushed further east which will only stop the cold air mass from advancing further again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement