Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

awww, I thought I'd grab me snow boots :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    We can end up with cold rain and no snow, or warm rain and snow.

Pick one...only.

what has happened to the other thread.... winter... i cant find it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

gugsy wrote: »
    Showers over galway city and in donegal any snow from these?
    clear night here in very cold 0.1 degrees

None here anyway, 4c rain showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

1c right now in North-east Louth now. Frost still around in the fields but thawing is starting in some places.
    No sign of snow on Cooley Mountains nor the Mournes either from across the lough. Pretty cold considering we live on the shore really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    1c right now in North-east Louth now. Frost still around in the fields but thawing is starting in some places.
    No sign of snow on Cooley Mountains nor the Mournes either from across the lough. Pretty cold considering we live on the shore really

Agree my car is still frozen over and all grass still frosted too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

There was no precipitation during the night but there should be some snow right on the peaks of the Mournes tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

still alot of frost about in drogheda with a slow slow thaw.......its great to see frosty mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Air a bit of frost in the grass this morning:)

An ice cream van is still making the rounds as I type this in Dundalk, I can hear it! Maybe he knows something the charts ain't saying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

An ice cream van is still making the rounds as I type this in Dundalk, I can hear it! Maybe he knows something the charts ain't saying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

f3a0f9b14cd967439a9e03529439dc58,10,1.jpg

I can't wait for a winter!!
    hopefully one year we will have a proper winter in Ireland - like on the picture above.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

-2.0c here in South East Kerry tonight, bitterly cold. Cars were frozen at half 5 this evening.

Stinicker wrote: »
    -2.0c here in South East Kerry tonight, bitterly cold. Cars were frozen at half 5 this evening.

Raining most of the evening in Louth very cold but no snow :p

Can't see much with the low visibility and night time lighting. Was raining quite a lot here in NE Louth. Temperature is 3 degrees now according to the AccuWeather on my Android. Snow may be a possibility on the mountains. Who knows? We'll have to wait till tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Can't see much with the low visibility and night time lighting. Was raining quite a lot here in NE Louth. Temperature is 3 degrees now according to the AccuWeather on my Android. Snow may be a possibility on the mountains. Who knows? We'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Yeah, we will probably see some in the Wicklow Mtns tomorrow. It's raining and very windy here in Greystones. It was extremely calm and dry earlier today. A big change over the last 6 hours or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

minus 5c will prob be reached in Galway Mayo Sligo and Roscommon tongiht

Woke up to sea fog. Very dense. Lifted around 10 o' clock and now it clear skies with clouds visible over the Irish Sea, can't be further than Isle of Man.

Slieve Donard is snow capped with another mountain I'm unfamiliar with. None on Slieve Foye/Gullion today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

What great weather, lovely frosty day here today, ice didn't melt at all in places. Good riddance to the Atlantic and all that rain.
    Heres the farming forecast of today, nice!
    http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10090352/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Its been píssing rain all day here in Kilkenny. No signs of frost, cold or snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

It's snowing here, right now, and it's been snowing at least 20 minutes I'd say, real snow, real good flow, can't hardly type this !!!
    I'm in Co Waterford, West-ish, and about 190/200masl.

And since I know the old pics or GTFO, here yee go !

8218809360_5777896e10_c.jpg
    SNOW !!!! by mountainsandheather, on Flickr
    8218814436_c5aeabb63c_c.jpg
    FIRST SNOW OF SEASON ! by mountainsandheather, on Flickr
    8217734255_d0ca2826a6_c.jpg
    FIRST SNOW OF SEASON ! by mountainsandheather, on Flickr

edit : it's lashing snow, gonna get out again for more pics ! windy enough too.

• Advertisement

The important question is, is it settling on the ground?

IT IS IT IS !!!!

pardon the hysterics, just been out again, loading pics and uploading in a minute

edit : pics uploading. Don't think it'll be there for very long though, it seems to be calming down a bit now, and it looks like there's melting going on at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I expect some snow here a little later.

Though I don't want it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I see specs of Red on the aul radar :D

230146.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

is there any chance it will make its way to arklow? my wife would be over the moon (its her who started the thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

Might there be snow around the armagh border area? Just drove from Tyrone to Dublin and saw loads of gritters up north and then pissing rain from there down?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Next time I move house, I'm going to move to high ground. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Where in Waterford are you ?? I'm in city and only rain :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

tumblr_mdvg6bVViD1qfxfkfo3_250.gif

Snow!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement