Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

this is my first year on the rollercoaster,i dont feel too good

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Go on message him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

The ECMWF run is a complete mess from 120h onwards with shortwaves all over the place so safe to say its not going to develop like that even if the general theme is right, the evolution from 120h to 168h just looks strange as well as does the situation over Greenland as already talked about

Still though, keeps a bit of interest at least, Monday seems to be the crucial day in how it all develops so we really should start seeing a definitive trend soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

Weathering wrote: »
    I'd love an update from Mt

Start a Seance and Raise HIM!

KALI MA

KALI MA

KKKAAALLLIIII MAAAA!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

diceyd wrote: »
    this is my first year on the rollercoaster,i dont feel too good

And what a one to start on! This rollercoaster is the longest, scariest, sickest and most draining one I can remember and it's not even nearly over yet. I'm getting to the stage that I wouldn't even care if it all went tits up, just for my sanity's sake (I would care really though, feck sanity).
    But I'm still hanging in there too though, hopefully it'll be worth it. Maq, I don't know how you do it. You deserve a medal when this is all over, one way or the other!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Start a Seance and Raise HIM!

KALI MA

KALI MA

KKKAAALLLIIII MAAAA!

Channelling get ur ass to a laptop...as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Harps wrote: »
    The ECMWF run is a complete mess from 120h onwards with shortwaves all over the place so safe to say its not going to develop like that even if the general theme is right, the evolution from 120h to 168h just looks strange as well as does the situation over Greenland as already talked about

Yes, I can imagine only about 5,000 ways it could all go wrong, but it is nice to at least see the ECM still showing potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Me too

MT doesnt want snow/cold here yet because it will mess up his forecast for it to happen in February. :P;)

He's out in a balloon over the Greenland coast trying to generate shortwaves!

February Smebruary....we want it now ha

• Advertisement

Roll on half 9 folks. I feel like I'm in the 12th round and the timer has frozen
    Can't take much more

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i think im starting to become immune to all the cold spells going pear shaped for Ireland over the past 7 or 8 years on this forum. At first it was hard to take, last year was really bad, but this year im kinda taking it in my stride as it's almost becoming normal that no matter how good the charts look, that mild weather nearly always wins out for us in Ireland. I think if ye all take that approach things are not so bad and any flakes that do fall are just a bonus.

Gonzo wrote: »
    i think im starting to become immune to all the cold spells going pear shaped for Ireland over the past 7 or 8 years on this forum. At first it was hard to take, last year was really bad, but this year im kinda taking it in my stride as it's almost becoming normal that no matter how good the charts look, that mild weather nearly always wins out for us in Ireland. I think if ye all take that approach things are not so bad and any flakes that do fall are just a bonus.

I agree we're hardened veterans at this stage but after the latest ECM when most expected them to completely implode and go t_ts up let see what the latest GFS have to offer. I think the only certainty is uncertainty given the last few days

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its at this time of the year that I remember this forum and how much I love it :)

This also sounds quite like one of my favourite XKCD.com comics...

epsilon_and_zeta.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

tumblr_mbc29dSb2M1rc2qizo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I miss a run, go to the gym and come back to this - how unexpected!

Apologies to the ECM for chucking it in earlier.

Maybe i should go to the gym again around 9.30 for luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

cold spell, what feckin cold spell? i can still feel my feet. it will not be a cold spell until i can't feel my feet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭Oarrack Bama

If the 18z goes the way of ECM at 84 hrs (The crucial time - we need the trough southeast of GL to go SOUTH, if it does game on) I expect this place will go mental..IF it does. It's still on, just about.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

:confused:cold,warm,cold,warm,cold.Whats next?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

If the 18z goes the way of ECM at 84 hrs (The crucial time - we need the trough southeast of GL to go SOUTH, if it does game on) I expect this place will go mental..IF it does. It's still on, just about.

What time?:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Keith96 wrote: »
    :confused:cold,warm,cold,warm,cold.Whats next?

Wet, dry, wet, dry.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

GFS vs ECM First Blood Part II

30892215_accident_gif.gif

Which Model will change course first?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

I'm confused, do these stripy lines not mean snow??

gfs-2-66.png?12?12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Deank wrote: »
    tumblr_mbc29dSb2M1rc2qizo1_500.gif

What the actual **** is that yoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

BEASTERLY wrote: »

Not quite sure, looks like a baby Sloth to me, I stand to be corrected

• Registered Users Posts: 23 BaRmy79

Yeah Looks like a baby sloth I think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Sloth

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SnowDancer

Been stalking this page for quite a while now. I only understand about half of you are talking about but I want to learn more. Opened this account just to ask you all a few questions - I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post it.

Is this the best place to get the GFS? http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=snow;sess=
    Where can I see the ECM? What times are they run at? Is there anything else worth watching for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Well as opposed to being game over a few short hours ago, it's back on but still very uncertain if we will see anything very wintry!

Still at least hope has been restored!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement