Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I went for a nap for a while the twins had a bad night last night and this up grade happins great:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

ZX7R wrote: »
    I went for a nap for a while the twins had a bad night last night and this up grade happins great:D

Ahhh, you wouldn't like to have another nap or even two?? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Every time I look its different

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭Oarrack Bama

Just had a flick through them myself. Huge improvement on the 06Z. About 8/20 good ones and a couple of fantastic ones. Just what we wanted. Need to see that continue now. FI is 72 hours.

Op and control milder than almost all other members on 19th.

Only a couple of relatively mild runs distorting the average as well up to the 19th.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭Oarrack Bama

Every time I look its different

It's automatically taking data straight from the GFS operational run. That's why it updates so often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

SNOW HOGS

Please remove pic of Mr Mountains and I asap.

Avns1s wrote: »
    I wish:D

Who likes my new snowplow:D
    62967713_1_644x461_plug-do-odsniezaniadaje-rade-fiat-pilnie-olsztyn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Avns1s wrote: »

You never know what you could wake up to!!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Where is Weathercheck in all of this?! He was the very reason I joined boards back in 2004 - a google search for the winter that year landed me here on a post of his ramping up some Christmas snow! It was then that I discovered I wasn't alone in this snow obsession...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

Where is Weathercheck in all of this?! He was the very reason I joined boards back in 2004 - a google search for the winter that year landed me here on a post of his ramping up some Christmas snow! It was then that I discovered I wasn't alone in this snow obsession...

There was an exodus of persecuted weather pros a while back. I think they now walk the earth preaching to the unconverted!

There was an exodus of persecuted weather pros a while back. I think they now walk the earth preaching to the unconverted!

Yes I silently witnessed that exodus, I don't think Mr Weathercheck took part in that though? I don't think I've ever seen as many closed accounts, fights, warnings etc on any forum anywhere as much as weather forums!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I don't think he is sold on anything too exciting happening here - yet.

Feels like we are on uncharted seas at the moment with no Captain to steer the ship!

Feels like we are on uncharted seas at the moment with no Captain to steer the ship!

And when the captain arrives, he will slam it straight into an iceberg :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Posted this in the SSW but I think you should all have a watch of it , excellent video and explains a lot

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/20992173

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I'd say with our Motley crew baying for snow you'd have your hands full.

anyway another improvement but need a good ECM to confirm the upgrade. will be interesting as to when Met Eireann gives its opinion for the coming week.

Posted this in the SSW but I think you should all have a watch of it , excellent video and explains a lot

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/20992173

That's excellent thanks for posting

Come On ECM

LET'S BE HAVIN YA!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

ECM 48H :/

ECM0-48.GIF?11-0

• Advertisement

dacogawa wrote: »
    ECM 48H :/

Weekend isn't important. We've lost that battle, it's what happens next is where we are looking for an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Weekend isn't important. We've lost that battle, it's what happens next is where we are looking for an improvement.

And do you really trust any chart out further than the weekend ? ;)

dacogawa wrote: »
    And do you really trust any chart out further than the weekend ? ;)

Not much further, but if we can get start to get cross-model agreement then confidence increases.

Not much further, but if we can get start to get cross-model agreement then confidence increases.

Yeah but a little something to give us even more excitement is no harm

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

120 hrs Boom!!!!

oterra wrote: »
    120 hrs Boom!!!!

It's ok at 120...was hoping for something a bit better, but 120 is kinda FI now so it can still improve.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

ECM 00Z

235917.png

ECM 12Z
    235919.png

Slight upgrade in the uppers there , HP to the north of us giving slack easterly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

This is going to be torture once again watching the UK go white!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Anyone see the bbc weather forecast, it just showed rain moving towards Ireland on Sunday at 10am and then it has most of Ulster plastered in white and bits of the East Coast. Whats going on there? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

It's ok at 120...was hoping for something a bit better, but 120 is kinda FI now so it can still improve.

Sorry about that phrase, robbed it from the nut jobs on NW. They use that quite often.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement