Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

Pangea wrote: »
    Anyone see the bbc weather forecast, it just showed rain moving towards Ireland on Sunday at 10am and then it has most of Ulster plastered in white and bits of the East Coast. Whats going on there? :D

The Queen has obviously claimed the snow for the Crown! But that snow over Norn Irn is disputed little lady!

oterra wrote: »
    Sorry about that phrase, robbed it from the nut jobs on NW. They use that quite often.

Its ok to Ramp here its nothing to be ashamed of!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

144...not what we wanted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭Oarrack Bama

Anyone see the bbc weather forecast, it just showed rain moving towards Ireland on Sunday at 10am and then it has most of Ulster plastered in white and bits of the East Coast. Whats going on there? :D

It could snow in the east on Sunday. No surprise.

FI was a few frames back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

On Meteoalarm valid from 11.01.2013 18:52 CET Until 12.01.2013 10:59 CET

Rain Awareness Level: Yellow

"Some heavy rain expected overnight in southwest Munster. 20 to 25 mm expected."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

ZX7R wrote: »
    Who likes my new snowplow:D
    62967713_1_644x461_plug-do-odsniezaniadaje-rade-fiat-pilnie-olsztyn.jpg

That is a machine of pure beauty:eek:

Feels like we are on uncharted seas at the moment with no Captain to steer the ship!

Pete and Maq are doing a fine job, it'd be nice if MT popped in from time to time though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

Looks like its gonna be a long night....Shall be we stay up?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭Oarrack Bama

Yup. Fast break down. Up till then it's good though and 144 hrs atm is well in to FI. We need under cutting like on the UKMO to go further.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Hope there aint much support in the ensembles for the latter part of that run of the ECM

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Don't worry somebody just blew away the rest of the white bits when they sneezed - just like on blue Peter when they forgot to put the glue on first!!! (sorry think I'm a bit giddy with all this)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Yup. Fast break down. Up till then it's good though and 144 hrs atm is well in to FI. We need under cutting like on the UKMO to go further.

What is worrying the GFS pretty similar at 144hrs

oterra wrote: »
    Looks like its gonna be a long night....Shall be we stay up?

It is the weekend after all, once there is ample supply of beer and treats we'll get through.

Don't forget to do the snow dance though.;)
    2152086985_86e03d3c6c_o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I'm going to London on Monday for a few days, anyone want to predict what I should expect?
    Forecasts that I have seen are predicting cold but daytime temps of around 5c, and no precipitation.

hotwhiskey wrote: »
    What is worrying the GFS pretty similar at 144hrs

And 168 too.

Unless we get something like what the UKMO and some of the GFS ensembles show then it's only going to be a short sort cold snap with us on the edge of it with maybe a chance for some snow in the east if were lucky before an inevitable Atlantic blowtorch.

It's a million miles away from yesterday's 12Z really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Senna wrote: »
    I'm going to London on Monday for a few days, anyone want to predict what I should expect?
    Forecasts that I have seen are predicting cold but daytime temps of around 5c, and no precipitation.

Cant really forecast with much accuracy at the moment but it will probably be much colder than that with heavy snow. Enjoy!

Dan :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

And 168 too.

Unless we get something like what the UKMO and some of the GFS ensembles show then it's only going to be a short sort cold snap with us on the edge of it with maybe a chance for some snow in the east if were lucky before an inevitable Atlantic blowtorch.

We will have to see what the ENS say , given all the wild swings I would nto putting much weight in it , If its still showing tomorrow it may be the end of the road but how many times have we said that already this week .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

The hell is jean Byrne wearing round her neck?

BX 19 wrote: »
    The hell is jean Byrne wearing round her neck?

Awaits lewd responses from the Jean lovers on here ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »

Cant really forecast with much accuracy at the moment but it will probably be much colder than that with heavy snow. Enjoy!

Rain and sleet forecast for London next few days according to bbc

Senna wrote: »

thedayaftertomorrowwall.jpg

Deep in FI the cold pushes the Atlantic back , actually starts at 216 although this is from 240

235924.png

235925.png

We will have to see what the ENS say , given all the wild swings I would nto putting much weight in it , If its still showing tomorrow it may be the end of the road but how many times have we said that already this week .

I mean in terms of op run to op run.

We've gone from this...

ECM1-168.GIF?12

to this....

ECM1-144.GIF?11-0

In 24 hours. And while yesterdays ECM and GFS didn't agree around that timeframe, today, both showing something similar. So even though its FI, its worrying.

We had some progress in the near term today on some of the models, but the bigger prize is in real danger I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

To be honest, at this stage I would be happy with 2 days of cold and some lying snow! Any chance of that happening in the East going on todays output?

On the other hand look at all that cold to the North East, is that our beast???

ecm0240f.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

towards the very end of the ecm run, there is potential for colder air to back west from the north east. although it's a fragile set up.

it might back up m.t cranium's forecast, albeit arriving a little earlier than he forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

And 168 too.

Ah in fairness the GFS is miles away from a blowtorch- +240 hrs heights building again to our north. Anyway pointless looking that far ahead when we have limited agreement at +96hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

by the way is anyone else wrecked from all the snow dancing?? i need a beer at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

by the way is anyone else wrecked from all the snow dancing?? i need a beer at this stage

I've just cracked open my first beer in about a week, I've been dry all week after the Christmas liver abuse! I'll wait till the 18z for some wine :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement