Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

God I will go mad if we miss out on the white stuff and the UK gets plastered :(

It would be like a nightmare I had last night, seeing a picture of the US and Europe completely white and only Ireland being green.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Lucreto wrote: »

It would be like a nightmare I had last night, seeing a picture of the US and Europe completely white and only Ireland being green.

Thats why we're know as the Emerald isle

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fluffycloud

Sounds exciting.... Glued to this website . Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Lucreto wrote: »

Projected world snow cover during the next ice age in 2000 years time (from NOAA & NSIDC)

235970.png

Could be a bit of an outlier though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

My hope for this run is to see a new stronger ridge building in FI for later next week to coincide with a stronger pool of cold over the NE that could bring us into the time-frame that has been touted by the pros!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Projected world snow cover during the next ice age in 2000 years time (from NOAA & NSIDC)

235970.png

0475_f5ovk.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Right so , heres me being serious for a bit , i'll have to agree with what Maq said earlier on , cant see any decent setup in the near term but we will once again have to look at the broader picture and maybe see some decent block setup fill in once again on the models.

I don't expect much from 18z , just some minor tweeks , nothin to give us in any way or form what england are looking to get. ( 10cms broadly! ) ... Winter aint over yet..

Right so , back to me being ME......

GFS... i am speaking directly to your Computer mindless but binary self....

BRING IT ON!!!!
    an-BringItOn.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

235970.png

My nightmare has come true.

medium_homer_screaming_in_stress.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I was one of the ones giving out about snow at the start of this thread, but I have to say, I thoroughly enjoy reading this! I even get excited sometimes :) Keep up the good work! :D

I see some improvements by 108. Will they be enough to make a difference though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

235970.png

tumblr_lsau46tqT41qcwlib.gif

Snow potential upgrade for Ireland Wednesday too.

Ireland seems to be milking max potential for cold out of this block by keeping -4 over much of the country. A right combination around Tuesday of cold and precipitation could bring some snow to the North and East at least!

oooooohhhhh Matron! Is that some heights building towards Iceland on t114

oooooohhhhh Matron! Is that some heights building towards Iceland on t114

Yes, but it's toppling. Needed an undercut.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

235973.png

WOOP!
    tumblr_m6jna5eYH11rr7c36.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

definitely some potential there for the North East and East at 114

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Iancar29 wrote: »
    235973.png

WOOP!

Calm down! This is the GFS unfortunately! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fully Established

Any one on here any idea of the weather website that is staffed by ex british met office staff.
    thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

235970.png

Would of been even better if it was Cork that was in green.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Iancar29 wrote: »

WOOP!

:D:D:D

Any one on here any idea of the weather website that is staffed by ex british met office staff.
    thank you.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

thank you.

Guessing its this..

http://www.britishweatherservices.co.uk/

They're supposedly a well respected and long standing forecaster but I don't think many people heard of them before they decided to do a few tabloid forecasts back in November

18Z GFS again reasonably consistent with the general trend, cool/cold up to Wednesday before an Atlantic return. Now we finally seem to have that sorted we can look at the finer details and at the moment Tuesday night and Wednesday look pretty good for some snow as well as a chance in the north and west on Monday

Starting to feel like trying to draw blood from a stone to get a shot at sustained cold from these charts.

0438_vqksa.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

There isn't a healthy looking block of decent negative uppers over alot of mainland Europe after +162 compared to the 12Z is there?

attachment.php?attachmentid=55242&stc=1&d=1142920093

Another run without a clear resolution and I'm!!!!

cannot-unsee-what-has-been-seen-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-294.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭corksurfer2005

cannot-unsee-what-has-been-seen-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-294.gif

Close to giving up at this stage to be honest, frustration doesn't even half cover it! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Starting to feel like trying to draw blood from a stone to get a shot at sustained cold from these charts.

Time to give up on that one I think, there hasn't been any solid block projected for quite a while now and without one the Atlantic is always going to break through once it has a bit of energy. At least we've gotten a few potentially interesting days on Monday and Wednesday

There is a resolution? Cold until Wednesday before the high topples over us has been projected on nearly all runs today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Graupel

An upgrade for snow on Wednesday for the East/Northeast on the 18z. This is what we should be concentrating on now.

I'm only looking this far as I think this will be our small bite at the cold, Swiftly followed by a return to the Atlantic for a week or two and then the shits going to hit the proverbial fan late month.

• Advertisement

There is a resolution? Cold until Wednesday before the high topples over us has been projected on nearly all runs today[/QUOTE]

I want to get an idea what happens after that :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement