Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ECM not agreeing with GFS or UKMO so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Right, ECM 120h game over for this round. A chilly but nothing special week ahead. Mild by next weekend. I think a 2 or 3 day break from the models will be a good thing. The weather has been utterly boring this winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Wow, out of nowhere, just when you think it's too late, the GFS puts the option of a more sustained cold spell back on the table - with ensemble support.

UKMO & GEM look good too.

ECM totally disagrees.

I said yesterday that unless the the theme changed on the 0Z runs then it would be game over. Well, it's certainly not game over yet.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

ECM : GFS.....Flip Flop! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

Ah come on!!!!!whats up with the models, they really cant stand being in the same room together! Worries me the ECM has wobbled, only the fact its doing this at t96 is giving me some cold comfort. Also the ECM show nothing of int Next ECM run is make or break I think!

On the GFS I mentioned heights building towards Iceland last night and has continued to run with that idea on the 0z so lets hope it keeps showing and developing on the 6z.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The ecm at short range has the best verification stats. we have to hope in this volatile setup, it's incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Quite a change around on the GFS ,I would not be surprised if we saw a bit of the white stuff next week:).
    So MAQUILADORA you were right about the OZ'S ,what do you think will happen next ,will the ECM upgrade or will the GFSback track :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

I'm not sure what's more up and down the models or the posters on here lol one poster says upgrade other says downgrade!

The ecm at short range has the best verification stats. we have to hope in this volatile setup, it's incorrect.

Yep. Normally wouldn't bet against the ECM. It's strange times though, it's been truely all over the place this week, as all the models have been.

davidsr20 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what's more up and down the models or the posters on here lol one poster says upgrade other says downgrade!

All be cause the ECM decided to do this...............

disapprove-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-341.gif

• Advertisement

ZX7R wrote: »
    Quite a change around on the GFS ,I would not be surprised if we saw a bit of the white stuff next week:).
    So MAQUILADORA you were right about the OZ'S ,what do you think will happen next ,will the ECM upgrade or will the GFSback track :confused:

Impossible to call. I think we'll a have a better idea by time all the 12Z runs are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

i think i'll give model watching a break for the day. i'm just fooling myself if i think i can stay away any longer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Keep focused people, eyes one the prize!

h22FF66CF

ECM ensembles are all over the place, so no clear picture there. Op run was a mild outlier by day 7 though.

06Z GFS coming up soon. I wouldn't be surprised if the GFS flipped back on this one. The 06Z/18Z runs can sometimes be dodgy.

ECM vs GFS vs UKMO

04324962fighting_gif.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Met Eireann and Mt's forecast this morning don't suggest anything too wintry or severe. Still time for upgrades and seems a very volatile flip-flop situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

ECM vs GFS vs UKMO

04324962fighting_gif.gif

What is that about!
    I thought this was snowchat!!!?
    What's going on- have I accidentally stbled into a maths thread- cant understand a thing!!!!

(let it snow ...)

15daagse06260nwtk.png

ECM is all over the shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Videos are causing serious lag guys ..... Its making the suspense practically unbearable!!!!

Just looking at the early stages of GFS 06z - no real major change from what I can see - a slight shift west.

• Advertisement

Just looking at the early stages of GFS 06z - no real major change from what I can see - a slight shift west.

There are colder uppers over us by the 15th. Looking out for the undercut now.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

GFS upgrades for the East ,-8 uppers by Tuesday night
    actually more than the East almost the whole country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

-9C uppers clipping east coast by 3pm tuesday.... :)

Dan

Looks like an upgrade in the near term but there is no low undercutting the high by 96 hours like there was in the 0Z so it will be a downgrade for a sustained cold spell unless something unexpected happens.

Heights have continued to build to the North since last night, trend setting in?, just the ECM holding back on us now!

Looks like an upgrade in the near term but there is no low undercutting the high by 96 hours like there was in the 0Z so it will be a downgrade for a sustained cold spell unless something unexpected happens.

Yes certainly a big change from the last run in that regard. as you said earlier will have to wait for afternoon/evening run for confirmation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Angle of the jet starts to go against us/ goes more north at about +96hrs.

Dan :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

It's good that we are seeing short term upgrades though, I'm guessing these are more likely to happen, after that I'm guessing it is more likely to change.
    If ECM shifted the uppers westwards in the short term.. I'd be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

I suppose anything after 72 hrs is prob F1 judging by the model changes from run to run. Haven't had a run of even 3 outputs showing similar outcomes even in short term, yet?

• Advertisement

It's good that we are seeing short term upgrades though, I'm guessing these are more likely to happen, after that I'm guessing it is more likely to change.
    If ECM shifted the uppers westwards in the short term.. I'd be happy!

Yeah any snow at all next week would be welcomed. Hopefully the ECM will show the colder uppers shifting West over us. Just looking at GFS 06z furher it seems like the cold is putting up quite a battle?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement