Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom rang offering mobile phone on my package

Options
  • 05-11-2012 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Hi,

On the 26th of October an eircom agent rang the spouse of the account holder in our house and offer an emobile product. Even though they weren't speaking to the account holder they allowed the order to go ahead and asked for passport details of the account holder to complete the order. I thought this was strange.

The agent offered a new emobile mobile phone on a contract that would be charged to our eircom bill every two months. No phone has arrived even though the account holder was charge on that very day for 19euro on his visa card.

We just rang customer service for eircom and they passed us over to emobiles customer service to which we gave the details. They said they have no record of the order!?

Would it be possible for someone to check what has gone on here? Was this a scam by any chance? Seems unlikely that they would have just taken 19euro from the credit card if it was.

I have the order number we received from this agent and other details should you need me to pm them to you.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Wayne.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

Sorry about the double post but I want to bump this before it moves on to page 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

wayne0308 wrote: »
    Hi,

On the 26th of October an eircom agent rang the spouse of the account holder in our house and offer an emobile product. Even though they weren't speaking to the account holder they allowed the order to go ahead and asked for passport details of the account holder to complete the order. I thought this was strange.

The agent offered a new emobile mobile phone on a contract that would be charged to our eircom bill every two months. No phone has arrived even though the account holder was charge on that very day for 19euro on his visa card.

We just rang customer service for eircom and they passed us over to emobiles customer service to which we gave the details. They said they have no record of the order!?

Would it be possible for someone to check what has gone on here? Was this a scam by any chance? Seems unlikely that they would have just taken 19euro from the credit card if it was.

I have the order number we received from this agent and other details should you need me to pm them to you.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Wayne.

Hi Wayne.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I have been looking into the order issued by the outbound sales agent on the 24/10/12.

Then following up with our e-mobile team.

Have you received anything in the post to date?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark, thanks for your reply. Actually there's been a development with this today. We've received nothing regarding the order in the post so far. However, we got a text message this morning saying that the phone would be delivered today by DPD couriers. So I suppose all is well and I'll let them decide if they want to keep the phone.

It's kinda strange that the agent did not need to speak directly to the account holder, is this normal? Oh and does a cool down period apply to this offer where the contract can be cancelled if it isn't suitable because of coverage etc.? She said something about 7 days but is this from the point that the agent confirmed the order or from the point that the phone is received by the customer? I know it sound like a silly question :-)

Hi Mark, thanks for your reply. Actually there's been a development with this today. We've received nothing regarding the order in the post so far. However, we got a text message this morning saying that the phone would be delivered today by DPD couriers. So I suppose all is well and I'll let them decide if they want to keep the phone.

It's kinda strange that the agent did not need to speak directly to the account holder, is this normal? Oh and does a cool down period apply to this offer where the contract can be cancelled if it isn't suitable because of coverage etc.? She said something about 7 days but is this from the point that the agent confirmed the order or from the point that the phone is received by the customer? I know it sound like a silly question :-)

Hi Wayne,

I found the record of the text message from DPD. I need to try find a record of the call and see if we can listen to it.

It is practice that we need to verify that we are speaking with the account holder before issuing any order.

It may take a few days to investigate but I will get back to you as soon as I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

To the best of my knowledge the phonecall came in at approximately 15:00-16:00 that evening. If you need our account number just let me know. I suppose the problem is that the person the agent was talking to would have known answers to security questions. The agent did ask whether the person he was talking to was the account holder and the answer was no. Thanks for your help thus far Mark.

• Advertisement

Hi Mark,

To the best of my knowledge the phonecall came in at approximately 15:00-16:00 that evening. If you need our account number just let me know. I suppose the problem is that the person the agent was talking to would have known answers to security questions. The agent did ask whether the person he was talking to was the account holder and the answer was no. Thanks for your help thus far Mark.

Hi Wayne,

No problem. Thanks for the additional info I hope to be be back to you soon.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement