Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RCA to AUX soldering possible ???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

keith4594 wrote: »
    Ok so i have an rca cable like this one

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/43000321/images/1/stereo-gold-cmple.jpg

and i have a standard aux cable is their anyway without purchasing an adapter that i can solder the wires together ??

RCA red and white plugs to stereo 3.5mm jack plug you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

robbie7730 wrote: »
    RCA red and white plugs to stereo 3.5mm jack plug you mean?

€3

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=30-70-ALEAD&pages=1&prod=ALEAD&brands=FLEMMING&image=

I actually had it written that its not worth while soldering, but didnt bother posting. I did it lots of times myself by soldering, because its handier than driving, but for most, just getting that adaptor is the best option.

I actually had it written that its not worth while soldering, but didnt bother posting. I did it lots of times myself by soldering, because its handier than driving, but for most, just getting that adaptor is the best option.

im just crap at soldering

meercat wrote: »
    im just crap at soldering

I seem to do no end of it at times. That must be why I started making wooden clocks, to avoid soldering:D

• Advertisement

I seem to do no end of it at times. That must be why I started making wooden clocks, to avoid soldering:D

seen it,great job

your tractor though is the best ever(kudos)

seen it,great job

your tractor though is the best ever(kudos)

A fella dropped Another identical one out here last week. Same job again.

A fella dropped Another identical one out here last week. Same job again.

you keeping a video record

link when its done please

cheers

you keeping a video record

link when its done please

cheers

Yea I will keep some sort of record of it on the site I setup this year, and send you that. I did some programs for micro controllers for sensing radio control receiver pulse widths so will use them for the switching of the relays to operate the tractor. And to switch in and out the on board joystick. The first tractor I simply uses servos to operate microswitches to switch the relays, but it was tricky to find room in the tractor.

5 x 2 way car relays arrived in the post today, so thats the start of it now:D

Yea I will keep some sort of record of it on the site I setup this year, and send you that. I did some programs for micro controllers for sensing radio control receiver pulse widths so will use them for the switching of the relays to operate the tractor. And to switch in and out the on board joystick. The first tractor I simply uses servos to operate microswitches to switch the relays, but it was tricky to find room in the tractor.

5 x 2 way car relays arrived in the post today, so thats the start of it now:D

cheers
    you santas elf ?:D

• Advertisement

cheers
    you santas elf ?:D

It feels like the north pole anyway, the freezin weather is on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

i was reading the orignal post and thinking where are they going with this a possible thread hi jack talking about wooden tractors and clocks ???
    so of to look at robbie's posts to see what he was on about and

my man........... i tip my hat or....even knell down before you....
    the clock is good but the tractor is class

the glider cam stuff is pretty cool as well:D

i was reading the orignal post and thinking where are they going with this a possible thread hi jack talking about wooden tractors and clocks ???
    so of to look at robbie's posts to see what he was on about and

my man........... i tip my hat or....even knell down before you....
    the clock is good but the tractor is class

the glider cam stuff is pretty cool as well:D

Thread gone a bit off the rails alright, a wooden tractor, now there`s an idea:D

For the original question anyway, yes such a lead can be soldered up from the two different types of leads, but meercat`s link in post 3 is the simple solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 keith4594

Thread gone a bit off the rails alright, a wooden tractor, now there`s an idea:D

For the original question anyway, yes such a lead can be soldered up from the two different types of leads, but meercat`s link in post 3 is the simple solution.

thank you had waited to solder until it was going to work

Advertisement