Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best brand of Mozzerella in Ireland?

• 05-11-2012 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to make a caprese salad and as the ingredients are so simple I heard that getting excellent ingredients is the key to making this simple salad fantastic.

My only experience of mozzerella is on pizzas, which brand would you recommend? Totally organic, no preservations or additions or deductions...just the real thing please.

I was hoping that I would get a really good one in somewhere like tesco but would I be better going to a deli/cheesemongers etc?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Tesco Finest mozzarella is good. Look for Buffalo Mozzarella (made with milk from Buffalo, not cattle). This is the primo stuff.

There is actually one dairy in Ireland making buffalo mozzarella - the Toons Bridge dairy in Cork. You can buy the cheese at certain cheesemongers and speciality shops now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

dudara wrote: »
    The Tesco Finest mozzarella is good. Look for Buffalo Mozzarella (made with milk from Buffalo, not cattle). This is the primo stuff.

There is actually one dairy in Ireland making buffalo mozzarella - the Toons Bridge dairy in Cork. You can buy the cheese at certain cheesemongers and speciality shops now.

I can vouch for that mozzarella from Toons Bridge, best I've tasted in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

I can vouch for that mozzarella from Toons Bridge, best I've tasted in Ireland.

I will have to look into sourcing this in Sligo, hopefully somewhere will have it..thank you.

Advertisement