Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIT Photo & Visual Arts Soc

Options
  • 05-11-2012 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi All,

I've set up a photography and visual arts society in A.I.T. this year and was looking for a bit of guidence with regards to hosting a talk on composition.

Since composition is universal to art in all forms would it be better to get an artist to do it? I was thinking more along the line of getting a local photographer in to do it because they're used to seeing life through the eye of a lense and the effects it can have on objects.

I'm also planning on a second talk around technique but this will be in the new year whereas the first will hopefully be before xmas. As will a couple of walks/trips for inspiration etc.

At the end of the year i'm hoping the society will host an exhibition to showcase the work and talents of the members.

Have any of ye been involved in photography or visual arts socs/clubs? Is there anything else I could be/should be doing?

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

axeox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭john47

Hi,

I presume AIT is Athlone (I went to it back when it was a lowly RTC).

I would start with contacting the local camera club and maybe see can some of the artists/lecturers from the Communications Design course chip in too.

In Wexford Camera Club we have a combination of photographers and artists that give us talks and workshops. I think if you can find an artist to do it, it might be better as sometimes a photographer can concentrate too much on the technicality of the photo.

(off topic - The IPF regularly run their regional competitions in the college as it's handy for people all over to get too.)

John Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 9 axeox

Hi john47,

Thanks very much for the advice.

Advertisement