Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Results for Emigration....

Options
  • 05-11-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

So I was wondering if you were to secure an interview for emigration to Canada, Australia etc is it necessary to have your leaving certificate results? They do seem to state that completion of secondary level school is a requirement in a lot of places. The problem for me is that I never "passed" the leaving cert in 1988 but went on to do a BTEC HND and a bunch of other professional qualifications but from what I've been reading they still often ask for your "High School Diploma" and it's caught a lot of people out. Maybe someone can shed a bit of light on this.....

Thanks so much :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I emigrated to Australia and Dept. of Immigration are more interested in degree's, experience and professional occupations than school crap. I wouldn't even know where my leaving cert is, never mind supply a copy when I was submitting my Permanent Residency application. I don't think they even asked on the form, really the LC is a load of crap.

If you got a HND and about 3 years experience that would be enough to get a skills assessment.

Advertisement