Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC - Health Insurance

Options
  • 05-11-2012 5:04pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I'm in Australia now and had planned to go to Canada after. Things aren't quite working out as I'd planned here so I'm thinking of going to Canada a lot sooner. I already have a letter of introduction so no problem with a visa.

I was wondering about the health insurance though. Mine is valid until the middle of September 2013 but obviously if I arrive in Canada in a couple of weeks I won't have insurance for the whole year. Has anyone else been in a similar boat as this.

I have contacted the IEC people and they just copied and pasted the eligibility section from their website back to me. So I'm thinking about contacting the VHI to extend.

I have the minimum amount of money (well a bit more) in my account to get into the country and was wondering is this sufficient if I don't book a return flight?

Again I contacted the IEC people on this too and they weren't that conclusive in their answer, they said I have to have proof that I can fund one. So whether that's more than the minimum amount in your account I don't know.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Anyway I was back on to the IEC people again and pushed them a bit more to get an answer. They said that I should have the min $2500CAD plus the price of a ticket home to Ireland when I arrive in Canada.

This might help others out in a similar situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

Hi, just out of curiosity, how much does health insurance cost for IEC visa ?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

archicraft wrote: »
    Hi, just out of curiosity, how much does health insurance cost for IEC visa ?

How long is a piece of string? It depends what you insure yourself for and how much cover and excess your getting. The IEC program has no impact or bearing on the cost of your insurance. Or any other visa.

Advertisement