Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All comments welcome

Options
  • 05-11-2012 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have made a temporary corporate website using Weebly for the company I work for.

Well, it had planned to be temporary but I am quite happy with how it has turned out to be honest so it might become a permanent fixture. (I had low expectations when using weebly)

Would love to hear some comments!

http://www.torneopal.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I have made a temporary corporate website using Weebly for the company I work for.

Well, it had planned to be temporary but I am quite happy with how it has turned out to be honest so it might become a permanent fixture. (I had low expectations when using weebly)

Would love to hear some comments!

http://www.torneopal.com

If you're a company, get a website professionally designed. Weebly just won't cut it.

Your current site: random whitespace. Slideshow too fast. Typography is amateur.

Get professional branding done that includes colours, fonts, logo, copy writing,

I would have a case study on the front page. "TorneoPal is used to organise over 2,000 teams and 15,000 matches." is quite impressive, but I had to hunt for that. You have quite a niche market with a small number of potential customers. You need to wow them with your website since if they are outside Finland they probably won't have heard of you.

Can the software be adapted for tournaments other than sports, like debating competitions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TorneoPal.com

Many thanks for your valuable comments!
    If you're a company, get a website professionally designed. Weebly just won't cut it.

We are trying to keep costs as low as possible so we don't have to pass these on to our clients, so Weebly will have to do for the meantime, but I agree that a properly developed site is a must long term.
    Your current site: random whitespace. Slideshow too fast. Typography is amateur.

Totally agree about the random white space, and this is down to Weebly rather than my own personal preference... Will try to find a workaround.

I can slow down the slideshow.

I thought the typography was ok to be honest, but would take any more specific comments on board.
    Get professional branding done that includes colours, fonts, logo, copy writing,

I'm quite happy with the simple text logo. It is hard to find a picture logo to represent what we do. Better fonts would certainly be nice (any recommendations?).

What copywriting were you thinking of specifically?
    I would have a case study on the front page. "TorneoPal is used to organise over 2,000 teams and 15,000 matches." is quite impressive, but I had to hunt for that.

Great tip.
    You have quite a niche market with a small number of potential customers. You need to wow them with your website since if they are outside Finland they probably won't have heard of you.

It's not actually that much of a niche. There are thousands and thousands of sports tournaments around the world each year of various sizes.

Can the software be adapted for tournaments other than sports, like debating competitions?[/QUOTE]

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

As much as I'd love to help you pick out a typeface/font, as this is something I do semi-professionally, I don't like doing it for free over boards.

The typography doesn't look like it was designed for your purpose, rather it was the best of a bad bunch from a drop down menu somewhere in weebly.
    We are trying to keep costs as low as possible so we don't have to pass these on to our clients, so Weebly will have to do for the meantime, but I agree that a properly developed site is a must long term.

Bull. There are far better alternatives to weebly. Are you telling me that you're afraid to spent about €5 a month for shared hosting and install wordpress/joomla or just code it in html5? I realise that a professional website for you could cost over €1000 but it should make you more money in the long term as you'll no longer look like someone's school project.

The site has been updated, what do you guys think?

www.torneopal.com

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Looks good, nice job.

I'd personally like to see a pricing list somewhere on the site.

On the Services page, the slider looks nice, but you'd benefit more (from a SEO perspective) if you had actual text on the page.

I'd also add a button underneath the slider which prompts users to contact you for a free demo. In fact, I'd have that at the bottom of each page, and also up next to the social media buttons.

The only mention of a free demo is on the Contact page. I'd change that link to Get a Free Demo too.

Under the hood, I would put more descriptive alt tags on the images on the home page.

• Advertisement

Excellent advice! I've been tasked with now improving the SEO so these comments are timely too. Cheers.

Advertisement