Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult art classes in Sligo?

Options
  • 05-11-2012 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Adult art classes in Sligo?

Anyone know any?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I think there is one in St. Michaels.
    Also it might be worth trying this man: http://sligoarts.ie/ArtistProfiles/VisualArt/EamonnDowdican/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

You could keep an eye on The Model website, I think Michael Wann does adult drawing classes sometimes. Or my old art teacher Nuala Brady used to, I could pass on her details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

There is a guy in Grange village that holds classes in Grange and Sligo town, Google his web site Sligo Oil Painting, good luck.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Nuala Brady used to do art classes in Scoil Ursula, I went to them for two years in my late teens. I'm not naturally the most arty but she was a great teacher and I made a few passable pieces. Unfortunately I don't have a contact for her but if you ring the school I'm sure they'll tell you if she still runs them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Nuala Brady used to do art classes in Scoil Ursula, I went to them for two years in my late teens. I'm not naturally the most arty but she was a great teacher and I made a few passable pieces. Unfortunately I don't have a contact for her but if you ring the school I'm sure they'll tell you if she still runs them there.

She doesn't, the school got a new principal I believe who wanted to charge very high rent for the use of the classrooms that she had been using for years previously. She works in a reduced capacity from her home now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement