Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog sitter Cork - urgent

• 05-11-2012 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a small 2 year old king charles. I'm looking for a pet sitting service or kennels that come recommended. I am involved in a course that is on for the next 3 saturdays in November and the dog is not used to being left from 9am to 6pm. I've checked out Creedon's doggie day care but seem to be charging extortionate prices and they only operate kennels at the weekend as opposed to the day option. And then you must leave them from friday to monday (75euros) ...

I'm looking for a recommended place where I can leave her from friday night to saturday evening or even drop her off in the morning on the way to the course (in cork city). Alternatively someone (again who comes recommended) who can come in for an hour or so and take her for a long walk and feed her...
    There are a lot of ads up for students doing this and I'm not comfortable letting a complete stranger into my house and giving them house keys....

Fia is used to going to kennels when I'm away, she is a quite dog and good with kids and enthusiastic about all new people she meets...

Any and all suggestions welcome!

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Have a look in your local vets, usually there's cards or flyers on their reception desks/noticeboards. Ask in the vets do any of them come recommended/ attend with their own pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

cate3may wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a small 2 year old king charles. I'm looking for a pet sitting service or kennels that come recommended. I am involved in a course that is on for the next 3 saturdays in November and the dog is not used to being left from 9am to 6pm. I've checked out Creedon's doggie day care but seem to be charging extortionate prices and they only operate kennels at the weekend as opposed to the day option. And then you must leave them from friday to monday (75euros) ...

I'm looking for a recommended place where I can leave her from friday night to saturday evening or even drop her off in the morning on the way to the course (in cork city). Alternatively someone (again who comes recommended) who can come in for an hour or so and take her for a long walk and feed her...
    There are a lot of ads up for students doing this and I'm not comfortable letting a complete stranger into my house and giving them house keys....

Fia is used to going to kennels when I'm away, she is a quite dog and good with kids and enthusiastic about all new people she meets...

Any and all suggestions welcome!

Thank you

Hi Cate!

We aren't kennels per se, we run a daycare but do offer our daycare clients at home boarding where they stay in my home outside of daycare hour's. We have customers who sign up to daycare just to use this at home service as their dogs don't settle at kennels. This is an add on bonus but as I welcome the dogs into my home it is a lot of work and not a service we actively promote. I don't offer weekend drop off / collection because I value my time off too highly ;-)

Jennifer, one of our daycare assistants has been with us part time for a year now and has just set up a dog walking service. Jen is fantastic with dogs and extremely trustworthy so we cannot recommend her enough! She's also a certified canine first responder which is an added bonus ;-)

If you want to give the daycare a buzz tomorrow between 10 and 2 Jen will be working if you want to have a chat?

All the best!
    Nanci

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭cate3may

Hi Cate!

We aren't kennels per se, we run a daycare but do offer our daycare clients at home boarding where they stay in my home outside of daycare hour's. We have customers who sign up to daycare just to use this at home service as their dogs don't settle at kennels. This is an add on bonus but as I welcome the dogs into my home it is a lot of work and not a service we actively promote. I don't offer weekend drop off / collection because I value my time off too highly ;-)

Jennifer, one of our daycare assistants has been with us part time for a year now and has just set up a dog walking service. Jen is fantastic with dogs and extremely trustworthy so we cannot recommend her enough! She's also a certified canine first responder which is an added bonus ;-)

If you want to give the daycare a buzz tomorrow between 10 and 2 Jen will be working if you want to have a chat?

All the best!
    Nanci

Hi Nanci
    tHanks for that, could you give me your details so I can give you a call and get some more info.
    Thanks a million
    Cate

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭cate3may

Hi Cate!

All the best!
    Nanci

Sorry Nanci
    Just see the name who posted so its ok I have the details and will give you a call tomorrow

Advertisement