Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet sitter/kennels cork city urgent

Options
  • 05-11-2012 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a small 2 year old king charles. I'm looking for a pet sitting service or kennels that come recommended. I am involved in a course that is on for the next 3 saturdays in November and the dog is not used to being left from 9am to 6pm. I've checked out Creedon's doggie day care but seem to be charging extortionate prices and they only operate kennels at the weekend as opposed to the day option. And then you must leave them from friday to monday (75euros) ...

I'm looking for a recommended place where I can leave her from friday night to saturday evening or even drop her off in the morning on the way to the course (in cork city). Alternatively someone (again who comes recommended) who can come in for an hour or so and take her for a long walk and feed her...
    There are a lot of ads up for students doing this and I'm not comfortable letting a complete stranger into my house and giving them house keys....

Fia is used to going to kennels when I'm away, she is a quite dog and good with kids and enthusiastic about all new people she meets...

Any and all suggestions welcome!

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

cate3may wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a small 2 year old king charles. I'm looking for a pet sitting service or kennels that come recommended. I am involved in a course that is on for the next 3 saturdays in November and the dog is not used to being left from 9am to 6pm. I've checked out Creedon's doggie day care but seem to be charging extortionate prices and they only operate kennels at the weekend as opposed to the day option. And then you must leave them from friday to monday (75euros) ...

I'm looking for a recommended place where I can leave her from friday night to saturday evening or even drop her off in the morning on the way to the course (in cork city). Alternatively someone (again who comes recommended) who can come in for an hour or so and take her for a long walk and feed her...
    There are a lot of ads up for students doing this and I'm not comfortable letting a complete stranger into my house and giving them house keys....

Fia is used to going to kennels when I'm away, she is a quite dog and good with kids and enthusiastic about all new people she meets...

Any and all suggestions welcome!

Thank you

There are a load listed in the Yellow Pages phone book.

What area would suit you,,and if you like I can PM you a few numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭cate3may

MrFrisp wrote: »
    There are a load listed in the Yellow Pages phone book.

What area would suit you,,and if you like I can PM you a few numbers.

Thanks, much appreciated, just found one that's reasonable and recommended outside Douglas near Rochestown so I think we'll try that this weekend and see how we get on...

Cate
    PS thanks for the other jobs links too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

cate3may wrote: »
    Thanks, much appreciated, just found one that's reasonable and recommended outside Douglas near Rochestown so I think we'll try that this weekend and see how we get on...

Cate
    PS thanks for the other jobs links too

Anytime..Hope your sorted..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Hi cate I was in same situation as you as for work needed to be away from home for 16 hours a few days. Came across an ad from a girl, and because she was involved with an animal rescue and I given reference, I was happy enough to trust her with my 2 dogs. She called a week beforehand to meet them and to let me suss her out.! On the day she came to house for 5 hours,took them for a walk etc and I paid her 25euros. Ill pm her number and details if you like. I haven't had reason to use her since which I feel kinda guilty about as she was so lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭cate3may

seefin wrote: »
    Hi cate I was in same situation as you as for work needed to be away from home for 16 hours a few days. Came across an ad from a girl, and because she was involved with an animal rescue and I given reference, I was happy enough to trust her with my 2 dogs. She called a week beforehand to meet them and to let me suss her out.! On the day she came to house for 5 hours,took them for a walk etc and I paid her 25euros. Ill pm her number and details if you like. I haven't had reason to use her since which I feel kinda guilty about as she was so lovely!

Thanks very much, would appreciate the details for future reference as this kind of service is espically when the person comes recommended. There is a place that does doggiedaycare but its very expensive and doesn't open weekends. I found a kennel outside Douglas for this weekend and it went well.... though she does need a bath this morning.... very strong dog smell of her! :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement