Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cleansing without water?

• 05-11-2012 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

I've a small problem when it comes to cleansing my skin. Normally I use a neutrogena face wash in the morning when I have a shower, but when it comes to night time there's never any hot water to wash my face with properly. And I seem to always forget about this, so I end up in an endless cycle of using wipes all the time. Obviously this is very bad for my skin, so I need an alternative. Does anyone know of any good products that can be used for cleansing, like cream clensers or something along those lines? I have oily/combination skin, prone to spots, and would need something that would remove makeup too as I wear foundation most days. Also I can't afford any expensive brands, so preferably something that I'd be likely to find in Boots. Thanks for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

My sister was sensitive to water when she was a toddler. We cleaned her with cream from the chemist. I can't remember whether it was simple E45 cream or Oilatum but the chemist can advise you. And of course they've very cheap and come in huge containers that last for ages.

Don't worry about cleaning oily skin with oil, it won't make things worse if you're wiping it on and off again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Simple do them, and I use a Garnier one. One thing to note is, definitely use them with cotton wool pads - I have in the past used a tissue, had it come off my face clean, then immediately after done it again with a cotton wool pad that came off my face clattered with makeup and what have you!
    I'm bad for using wipes to get my eye make up off - but you can get cream cleansers specifically for eyes as well.
    I like Boots' own range, you know their cleansers that come in either the plain blue packaging for sensitive skin, or green packaging with cucumber. It's cheap as chips as well, but still feels like there's not a load of rubbish in t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

I agree with both of the users above. Cream cleansers are very good at removing make up, much better and gentler than wipes. If you don't want to use a cream cleanser, you can also use a cleansing water. La Roche Posay and Vichy have them. No 7 has one as well but I wasn't very happy with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Thanks for the replies :) I've used the Boots sensitive skin in the blue packaging but wasn't hugely happy with it, my face always felt quite greasy afterwards! I'll have a look at some of the ones mentioned so far next time I get a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Cetaphil cleanser can be used with or without water and I used to find it good at removing make up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

The boots own brand in the green packaging, the cucumber one, brilliant, and does an eye make up remover gel too. I have combination skin and it leaves my whole face lovely and fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

+1 for cetaphil. its fantastic for sensitive skin and great at removing make up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭amklo

Do you have an electric shower? You could use a face wash or a cream cleanser and remove using a muslin cloth or face cloth rinsed in warm water from the electric shower?

Advertisement