Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need advice

• 05-11-2012 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

I want advice on weather to buy the 4th gen of the ipad. I have the 3rd gen and wondering weather to stick with it or buy the 4th gen?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

leemaree wrote: »
    I want advice on weather to buy the 4th gen of the ipad. I have the 3rd gen and wondering weather to stick with it or buy the 4th gen?

Stick with it. The 4th gen is not worth upgrading from the 3rd gen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Ur[s]uS

leemaree wrote: »

I am having the same debate.

It's just about possible to justify the purchase, if you really want one.

If your existing iPad is in very good condition, you should get a decent price selling it on adverts/eBay. If you have an iPhone 5, you could upgrade all your cables to lightning at the same time; saving on adapters (which would be useful if you have to swap from charing older iPhone to iPad 4). If you use apps that are demandng for graphics etc., the speed bump might make a difference.

I've settled on waiting for the iPad 4S ...

I swapped my smart case back to an old one I had before (black is back!), moved my home screen icons around and have that has dulled my appetite a little. I suspect the cold turkey will complete soon as I play with one in store somewhere and figure that it's much of a muchness.

As for whether I could survive on a mini ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

This is a easy one. Really is no need to upgrade to the iPad 4th generation. It looks and feels the same and most people won't even notice that the chip inside is different. I'm a iPad 3 user and won't be upgrading again until they revamp it both inside and out. It'll be interesting to see if they have changed the new launches to October next year instead of March if they have then I can see a lot of iPad 3 users not being able to resist that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

I bit the Bullet this morning and bought one in Argos but on the way home, I said to myself did i make a mistake? I was thinking bout how most things are the same?

Would i b able to bring in back? It's still in the box with the plastic on it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Upgrading from a 3 to a 4 is a classic case of needing to have the latest (which is fine for some!). Completely unnecessary unless you're some sort of power user who measures response times in milliseconds.

The iPad needs to be lighter and thinner, and until such time as Apple address this everything else is just noise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement