Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 Week 9 Fixtures *Wednesday - Sunday **

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yep its not well done at all.

I mean coming from 36 points down, gets you 2K points.. why would anyone do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Cheers for the info Heli, forgot to check the absence thread!

Another boring CPU game for the Jags :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Also I bought the clutch trait for one of my players but the option was still available to buy it right after I spent all the xp. Now I can't remember who I actually bought it for. So I might make the same player clutch twice. :s

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I went for a real long one to try and figure out life without Steve Smith, but with him I just go for some comeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

hi lads anyone know if the Dolphins manager is around, i didnt get a reply about when or if he can play, not sure of his username so didnt send a pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

hi lads anyone know if the Dolphins manager is around, i didnt get a reply about when or if he can play, not sure of his username so didnt send a pm.

Check the who's who thread. User name and gamertag available in there. In a bad reception area so can't check sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can we push it back to 7:30 Matthew? Caught in traffic and won't make it home. Thanks.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Can we push it back to 7:30 Matthew? Caught in traffic and won't make it home. Thanks.

Sure thing. You're lucky, you're getting a guy who's been up since 2am and only had 4 hours sleep (god I wish I was American).

matthew8 wrote: »

Sure thing. You're lucky, you're getting a guy who's been up since 2am and only had 4 hours sleep (god I wish I was American).

Excuses in early I see :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Excuses in early I see :p

Smells like chicken to me :pac:
    Home early.. and a few RG3 practice sessions more like!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

ET 8pm is good for me

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

empacher wrote: »
    ET 8pm is good for me

Wont be able to make it. Still in Dublin. Can u do tomorrow same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

yup i can play up until about 10pm

On now Matthew ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I wish you could spectate games in this.
    There was a feature in EA's mma game where you could view other online fights on a fight card,twas a nice addition

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I wish you could spectate games in this.
    There was a feature in EA's mma game where you could view other online fights on a fight card,twas a nice addition

It would be class alright, I'd live to watch the Redskins Panthers game tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Didn't know where to put this and didn't really want to start a new thread so I'll throw it in here.

Unfortunately lads I'm going to have to withdraw from the league for the foreseeable future :(

I'm up to my eyeballs during the day and other commitments which have surfaced over the last few days in the evenings/nights mean that almost all gameweeks I won't be able to get my game played so I'm going to pull out.

I'll try to keep active in the forum here and if circumstances change I'll be straight back to take a team if there's any available.

Berty, sorry for the late notice as I know we were due to play tonight. Santry or Raoul can you please remove me from the league when you're next on.

All the best lads!

Paully D wrote: »
    Didn't know where to put this and didn't really want to start a new thread so I'll throw it in here.

Unfortunately lads I'm going to have to withdraw from the league for the foreseeable future :(

I'm up to my eyeballs during the day and other commitments which have surfaced over the last few days in the evenings/nights mean that almost all gameweeks I won't be able to get my game played so I'm going to pull out.

I'll try to keep active in the forum here and if circumstances change I'll be straight back to take a team if there's any available.

Berty, sorry for the late notice as I know we were due to play tonight. Santry or Raoul can you please remove me from the league when you're next on.

All the best lads!

Paully dont go before we sort finalise that trade for Gates :pac::pac:

Hope to see you back soon Paully

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I echo Heli,hope to see you back soon,enjoyed our games(even thought I lost nearly all of them :pac: )

Paully D wrote: »

All the best lads!

Paully don't go :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Nelbert wrote: »
    Not trying to stir the pot but isn't the default that it only comes through the headphones? As in you have to specifically change it for it to come through the tv?

I'd like to think I'm the most foul mouthed person in the league. So much so I pre-warned my opponent for game week 7 (bad day in work building up to it didn't help!).
    But if I was really bad I'd expect it said there and then not later on the forum! Immediate corrective action either through reduced cursing or switching the sound output accordingly.

Madden is incredibly frustrating when your having a bad game and I'd like to think no one is immune from a bad game!

Sooooooooo.... Hey nelbert how's Friday at 8 for you ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What a strange night for the league....

Right.......

Matthew, you should have just pmmd me instead of stating it on the thread about Santry's swearing, as you can see we don't need a huge discussion.

Santry, you shouldn't have been swearing but I am glad to hear that it was just at your own players and plays in general but perhaps you shouldn't have been so aggressive in your retort to a fairly simple statement that Matthew wasn't happy.

Matthew, in this situation even though Santry is in the wrong (honest mistake though), you should have simply paused the game and pm'd Santry to tell him that you could hear him and could he please turn off his mic.

Eh...what else...Matthew hopefully you reconsider leaving the league and Paully hopefully you can find some more time from somewhere.

Helimachopter, can you get rid of some of those posts please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

The swearing/anger actually doesn't happen (as much anyway) when there is someone on the other end of the mic, as you're chatting away to them during the game and much more restrained when those frustrating EA moments occur.

Personally, I would say the reason this happens when opponent has no mic is that it feels like you're basically playing the CPU so you get worked up much easier and forget about another person on the other end.

If this bothers the non-mic opponent, or had been bothering them, there is a simple solution to turn off the sound from other guys. Did this myself when playing COD online, if you think Madden players are bad you should listen to American teenagers yelling obscenities at no-one in particular while the blood is up from shooting sh1t all day.

if you think Madden players are bad you should listen to American teenagers yelling obscenities at no-one in particular while the blood is up from shooting sh1t all day.

Ha yeah i was playing a guy on tuesday and he obviously taught i was to slow deciding my plays, (it took less then 5 sec) also happened when i converted on 3rd and 4th downs to, anyway all i could hear was Mother F**king this, and Mother F**king that as well as other expletives. I didnt have a problem with it, found it quite funny actually, so i decided the more he shouted the longer i would take biggrin.png

Good post Rob, I think its important to stress in general that if people go mad its not at the opponent it's at themselves for throwing an int, taking control of a defender etc.

I have never been on a game with anyone on here or on the PFL where i have been abused or abused anyone!)

I think for everyone just be aware.. if you pick off a pass or recover a fumble.. profanity may occur :D

Ive had no contact from the dolphins about our match up this week, (sent pm and posted here) i think he's on CPU but I'm off tomorrow and the weekend so will wait for contact, if he's on CPU, will i go ahead and play it on sunday?

only my 2nd game so not fully sure what to do.

Ive had no contact from the dolphins about our match up this week, (sent pm and posted here) i think he's on CPU but I'm off tomorrow and the weekend so will wait for contact, if he's on CPU, will i go ahead and play it on sunday?

only my 2nd game so not fully sure what to do.

Yep mate if you are able to wait, wait until sunday and then play if you dont hear I think is best

I knew it wasn't directed at me, but there was someone else in the same room as me. I was very embarassed.

• Advertisement

matthew8 wrote: »
    I knew it wasn't directed at me, but there was someone else in the same room as me. I was very embarassed.

I think that is fair enough, I would be the exact same as you if that happened!
    Look I think we just to learn some lessons from this. If you have a mic make sure it is off and you aren't screaming down it and keep the cursing to a minimum.

If you don't have a mic and can hear the other person, pause the game and tell them.

So Matthew, are you back in? I won't enjoy beating the Panthers that much unless they are controlled by you. :pac:

Advertisement