Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bike running very rough today on 3 cyl

• 05-11-2012 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

00 fzs600

hardly card icing already would it?

seemed like she was only running on 3 cylinders. under acceleration she would pop and splutter.

last week in the bad rain she was struggling to start after work. i put that down to how wet she was getting.

starts fine in the morning. garaged over night but no cover at work.

she's fine on the choke but after that she wasn't driving well en route home.

i reseated the HT leads and will give her a run for petrol later but any ideas off hand folks?

service done about a month ago incl coolant

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Could very well be damp down in the plugs...happened to me during the summer (2009 FZ6) when I washed it even gently a bit of water got down one of the plugs leads. Upon checking one of them was slightly off. Same syptoms, would splutter at low revs but would be fine if rode hard, then splutter again taking off from lights etc.

Make sure the plugs leads are nice and fitted stopping any rain/water getting in, would not have had any time to dry out since the last wetting it got so could still be dampish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hmm, i dont have the tools to reseat the sparks and tbh, i could do with new HT leads. existing ones arent exactly the worlds tightest fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

drain the float bowls on the carbs aswell,and spray some wd40 into the plug wells of the spark plugs,will get rid of moisture in there

Surely you have the tools that came with the bike? The spark plug tool is with them usually.....

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Surely you have the tools that came with the bike? The spark plug tool is with them usually.....
    I paid pittance for the bike :)

no tools.

fun this this morning. she was exceptionally bad. I was about 3 mins from work at a set of lights and flicked on my lights and the bike died :(

pushed her to the path and pulled off the seat...

one of the battery connectors was loose. seems to have sorted everything but i'll know better on the way home this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

When I had my Bandit donkeys years ago, it was doing this too, Denis. Because of the fact it seemed to get worse in damp weather, I was assuming it was electrical but it turned out to be a perished carb boot.

Hopefully its sorted now....just goes to show once the cold and damp sets in, a good once over of the bike would be a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Could be water in petrol, ie with the colder weather condensation is forming in the tank. My last bike was a bugger for it!

ran fine on the way home.

threw 20e into it last night, she was down to empty line (sans light)

fingers crossed it is sorted

Good stuff.....nothing worse then riding with a niggle in your noggin about the bike if ya get me. ;)

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Good stuff.....nothing worse then riding with a niggle in your noggin about the bike if ya get me. ;)
    No I getcha.

That feeling that something isn't right and its distracting.

Its like the time my tyres were due to be replaced, I taught I had a little while left before I replaced them. So there I was riding away as you normally would, then someone pointed out that the front was alot worse then I originally taught....since then my head was wrecked and totally put me off my normal riding. Changed them straight away as I was constantly 2nd guessing everything especially as it was the front.

Advertisement