Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Secret Santa

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

www.facebook.com/Waterfordsecretsanta

Good idea/bad idea?

Looks like a wonderful show of community spirit to me.

Have to say I'm amazed at the lack of interest in this (It has NOTHING to do with me btw)

Such a great idea for waterford if it took off. I contacted the people behind it and they have some wonderful, altruistic plans. They are getting NOTHING out of it but just want to create some good press for Waterford.

I find it interesting that people are so interested in fighting about politics and crap on facebook that something like this just goes un noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

That sure is one horrible pic they are using.

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    That sure is one horrible photograph they are using.

Doesn't take long for the negativity to start. Welcome to Waterford.

I am not being negative, just realistic. Surely they could have used a much much better photo?

It looks dull, grey and boring.

I am not being negative, just realistic. Surely they could have used a much much better photo?

It looks dull, grey and boring.

It seems the picture was taken by a boardsie, and I think it looks unique...something different to the same old stock images of the quay that are used by everyone and anyone. Anyway, before you commented, did you look to see what the initiative was about?

• Advertisement

It seems the picture was taken by a boardsie, and I think it looks unique...something different to the same old stock images of the quay that are used by everyone and anyone. Anyway, before you commented, did you look to see what the initiative was about?

Yes I did.

The point I'm making is that as soon as the page came up the picture turned me off immediately. This is what will happen to a lot of people and the initiative will be lost.

At the end of the day, looks are very important.

Yes I did.

The point I'm making is that as soon as the page came up the picture turned me off immediately. This is what will happen to a lot of people and the initiative will be lost.

At the end of the day, looks are very important.

I'm trying to get the organisers to set up a boards account...but they're apprehensive little elves.

i'm sure your criticism is taken on board anyway. Maybe it was just a case of their being not enough decent snowy pics of waterford? (They got permission to use this one)

I'm trying to get the organisers to set up a boards account...but they're apprehensive little elves.

i'm sure your criticism is taken on board anyway. Maybe it was just a case of their being not enough decent snowy pics of waterford? (They got permission to use this one)

I didn't mean to come across as rude and just critcise it for the sake of it.

The picture (to me anyway) is entirely inappropriate for the purpose of their initiative.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Sorry, but speaking as someone who's always positive about Waterford, that sure is one horrible pic they are using!

Have any of you guys got some pics they can use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

The picture is a bit dreary alright, there were some lovely photos on here when we had all the snow.

I had heard of secret santa but didn't know what it was about but thanks to this thread I've signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

What about either of these photos? Obviously with the photographers permission.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23296461@N04/5241461471/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23296461@N04/5247135110/in/set-72157625466258763/

Edit: As for the Secret Santa idea, I'm all for it. However I'm already doing two of them already so don't think I'll do this one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Great idea this one but its not getting the support it deserves tbh. A lot of people disliked the page when they spotted they had to actually do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I'd say that's the case for many. I'd also reckon that maybe there's folks who either don't have the money or feel awkward about the upper limit of €20. I know it starts at €1 but if you've ever been involved in a secret Santa where there's parents & kids involved there can be an unspoken pressure to spend more in case you're viewed as stingy. That's not explaining it very well but I suppose it's a kind of perceived peer pressure. If that makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Your right the abandoned flower mills.:rolleyes:

Kinda proves that some people will complain about anything. They couldn't get permission to use other pictures and whether you like it or not, that's actually waterford.

Fcuking idiots in this town depress me sometimes. What's that? A nice idea where people want to so something for others? Something for charity too? A bit of community spirit?

Look at the horrible picture they used.

Roll the fcuking eyes.

Tá an fhírinne searbh.

That's not my point. There could be 20 things good about something and Waterford people like yourself will find the one thing to complain about. It's not about bitterness it's about actually supporting something instead of sitting on your fat arse behind your keyboard complaining about it.

See how bitter that truth is for ya.

Ahh come on and tell us how you really feel, and who told you about my fat arse.bartmoon.gif

I underestimated your age.

If I was behind this myself I wouldn't care as much but cause I know who us behind it and they have such good intentions it annoys me to see people picking at it.

Anyone else would just put up any pic from google images but they wanted to get permission which turned out to be a lot harder than you would think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement