Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSC GS3050-I: Taking out Sim Card

Options
  • 05-11-2012 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭

I have a DSC GS3050-I system installed to call me when the alarm goes off that uses a Vodafone pay as you go sim card.

I have the sim card registered with Vodafone and I top up every 6 months on line. However as I only log in every 6 months I've forgotten the password. So I need to put the sim card into a phone as they'll send a code to it to let me reset it.

Is it as simple as opening up the system, taking the sim card out and putting it into my phone, resetting the password and then putting the sim card back into the system or will the system have to be reset and reprogrammed or have some other complicated process carried out?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When you reenter the SIM the unit will probably need to be powered down & back up again for the SIM to initialize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Thanks. Probably a stupid question, but how would I do that? There doesn't seem to be an on/off switch

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its probably powered from the Aux power of the alarm. Disconnect the + & - reconnect it after you put the SIM back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Turns out it didn't need to be restarted. I've done a test call with the sim back in and all's grand. Thanks for your posts.

Glad you got it sorted. It's unusual enough for a SIM to initialize without the unit restarting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement