Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iconic cast Iron work on Seat on Lower Glenageary Road smashed to pieces.

Options
  • 05-11-2012 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

This bench has been there as long as I can remember, my Grandmother use to sit us down on it on the way home from shopping in Dunlaoghaire, later it became a stop off point for a smoke on the way back from the pub.

29ql0k5.jpg

With recent works carried out in the area, the seat has been torn from its concrete mountings and its cast iron legs smashed to pieces.

29238s0.jpg

14e1jyx.jpg

I would have thought that this would have been protected. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Those are Council roadworks send them an email to complain

Was it a really old bench or just that there's been a bench in that location for a long time? A lot of these 'wrought iron' jobs are old looking but modern and cheap enough, it may be that they couldnt excavate the concrete without damage of some sort so they just bashed it out of the way and intend to replace it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Those are Council roadworks send them an email to complain

Was it a really old bench or just that there's been a bench in that location for a long time? A lot of these 'wrought iron' jobs are old looking but modern and cheap enough, it may be that they couldnt excavate the concrete without damage of some sort so they just bashed it out of the way and intend to replace it?

More like contractors.

If the bench isn't replaced there will be complaints. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yeah the Council don't have their own big crews anymore but their contractors are their responsibility as regards work standards and damage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The seat is gone :mad:

Must bring this up with the residents committee. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Must bring this up with the residents committee. :p

I though you'd be against them, what with them being the fascist undemocratic busy body groups they are and all, watching your every move and trying to disrupt peoples lives and extort money of them. Even worse than big government they are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement