Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Kebabs In Limerick?

• 05-11-2012 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Just wondering where is the best place to get a proper Kebab in town?
    Cheers! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Kebabish on Ellen Street.

/close thread. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

For me it has to be the place in Thomondgate beside Fine Wines, the crunchiness / freshness of the lettuce and onions make it stand head and shoulders above any I have eaten in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Turkuaz on Cornmarket Row!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

gaf1983 wrote: »
    For me it has to be the place in Thomondgate beside Fine Wines, the crunchiness / freshness of the lettuce and onions make it stand head and shoulders above any I have eaten in town.

What's it called? What are the sauces like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

Myself Kashmir kebab on Davis street great chicken shwarma

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Kashmir have the greatest taco chips I've ever had. Never tried their kebabs though. Kebabish are usually fantastic, especially their special mixed kebab. Must try this place in Thomondgate some time, just to compare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I am not one to eat many kebabs but I find remix in castletroy do a great kebab. It is also way bigger then the kebabs from most other places.

They are on just-eat if you want to check them out. There chicken curry is also nice too :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭aman23

gaf1983 wrote: »

+1 this place rocks, huge, beautiful, kebabs, could not speak for the rest of the food, as ive only ever had kebabs:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

I'd be tied between Turkuaz and Kebabish.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭STADEdeLUC

I used be a fan of Knoor that was on Thomas St! But now that its gone must try some of the recommended! Cheers!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

watch those bellys expand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Istanbul Kebab on Denmark Street. OMG There's eating in those Kebabs for 2 or 3 people:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

bazz26 wrote: »

Closed by the Environmental Health for breaches in regulations,

Bet it won't be around for long even if it does reopen.
    http://www.fsai.ie/uploadedFiles/Monitoring_and_Enforcement/Enforcement/Enforcement-Orders-Closure.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Agent_99 wrote: »

http://www.fsai.ie/uploadedFiles/Monitoring_and_Enforcement/Enforcement/Enforcement-Orders-Closure.pdf

Yes along with The Lotus on Clare Street. I'm convinced it's still open. I must check it out later, no eat there mind you. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Definitely Kebabish for me!!! The Pizza place out at the Groody Four seasons does a nice kebab too tho!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Agent_99 wrote: »

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/limerick-takeaways-closed-over-hygiene-concerns-1-4452126

I'm not surprised tbh. On my AVOID list. But it'll be back and will be as popular as ever no matter what.

Turkuaz do a nice kebab. Must try istanbul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

gregers85 wrote: »
    Definitely Kebabish for me!!! The Pizza place out at the Groody Four seasons does a nice kebab too tho!!

+1 on 4 seasons..best kebabs, taco chips and pizzas in Limerick and the best prices too.

Never going back to kebabish after they tried to rip me off when out one night sober, I only ever get meat and sauce in the kebab.. They presumed I was drunk and put once slice of meet into the kebab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭turtleshead

LB6 wrote: »
    Istanbul Kebab on Denmark Street. OMG There's eating in those Kebabs for 2 or 3 people:eek:

+1 for Istanbul, wouldnt be a veggie but their Falafel Kebab's are delicious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the place up by the Wicked Chicken, is that Kashmir? they're unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

That's the one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

bazz26 wrote: »

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/limerick-takeaways-closed-over-hygiene-concerns-1-4452126

Makes you wonder what makes it taste so good? :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

MarkR wrote: »
    The Chilli Kebabish takeaway on Ellen Street was ordered to close on October 2, last but has since reopened after the order was lifted ten days later.

It's been open again for nearly a month. FYI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

The FSAI has not disclosed the specific reasons as to why either of the premises were ordered to close.......

That's odd - The FSAI used to always state exactly why restaurants were being shut down, to be honest I'd rather know their failings or else the worst just comes to mind doesn't it.

- Chilli Kebabs now reopendededed on Ellen St. cause they've promised to stop doing "that" bad dirty thing they used to do until the state agency visited and shut them down for 10 whole long days and nights.

No, thats as clear as muck - On my avoid list......

P.S. I googled a local Chinese here in Co. Limerick to get a phone number about 6 months back and instead accidentally found its list of FSAI safety violations - Thanks be to fcuk for Google!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Split

Mejana Lebanese restaurant - Chawarma or Shawarma depending on the arabic dialect .. kebabs like they should be

Advertisement