Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Transfer Procedure

Options
  • 05-11-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am just wondering what the rules/procedure regarding an internal transfer in UL are?
    I am a first year BA. Psychology and Sociology student wishing to transfer to the 1st year Bsc. Psychology.
    I have a feeling it is too late to do so this semester as the other class chooses electives and a lot of assessment has already taken place.
    So does anyone know is it too late overall or will I have another opportunity to do this?
    I have the points for the other course, if that makes a difference.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

biohaiid wrote: »
    Hi, I am just wondering what the rules/procedure regarding an internal transfer in UL are?
    I am a first year BA. Psychology and Sociology student wishing to transfer to the 1st year Bsc. Psychology.
    I have a feeling it is too late to do so this semester as the other class chooses electives and a lot of assessment has already taken place.
    So does anyone know is it too late overall or will I have another opportunity to do this?
    I have the points for the other course, if that makes a difference.

I think you may have missed the deadline if not and you do transfer in you have to get both course heads to sign the document and there needs to be room in the other class. Also you will have to catch up on all the material you have missed yourself even though ye might share modules with so little time to the autumn exams it will be very difficult you may also have missed project deadlines and midterms the other class has already done! The best bet is to talk to the education officer in the student union he will be able to advise you better than anybody here! You also have the opportunity to drop out now and go back doing the course you want next year that way you will be liable for a semester of fees but at least you won't be liable for a year if its too late to change now and you do it next year. Bottom line talk to the education officer in the SU straight away! Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I think you may have missed the deadline if not and you do transfer in you have to get both course heads to sign the document and there needs to be room in the other class. Also you will have to catch up on all the material you have missed yourself even though ye might share modules with so little time to the autumn exams it will be very difficult you may also have missed project deadlines and midterms the other class has already done! The best bet is to talk to the education officer in the student union he will be able to advise you better than anybody here! You also have the opportunity to drop out now and go back doing the course you want next year that way you will be liable for a semester of fees but at least you won't be liable for a year if its too late to change now and you do it next year. Bottom line talk to the education officer in the SU straight away! Best of luck!

See I heard week 6 from one person, end of the semester from another and end of the year from another, so I wasn't sure when the deadline is.
    As for catch-up/assignments we have all the same except the electives. And with my sociology module being one of the options I'm really only missing out on 1 elective. I might do that, Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

biohaiid wrote: »

See I heard week 6 from one person, end of the semester from another and end of the year from another, so I wasn't sure when the deadline is.
    As for catch-up/assignments we have all the same except the electives. And with my sociology module being one of the options I'm really only missing out on 1 elective. I might do that, Thanks!

Cool head into the student union tommorow and talk to the education officer sooner the better!

Advertisement