Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attention Mark Eircom #2

Options
  • 05-11-2012 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi Mark,

Hope you're well. You were very helpful with some queries I had over on Twitter some time ago. Just wondering if you might be able to offer some assistance.

My Eircom wireless broadband which I use on my iPad keeps disconnecting and I have to go into Settings-WiFi and connect again. It works for another little while and then, again, when I click to another page I get "safari cannot connect to page......because your iPad is not connected to the Internet".

This has only started happening in the last week. I suspect that there may be some other neighbours broadband on the same frequency or something but is there anything I can do about this? It's frustrating!

Many thanks.

Kev

Can PM you any further details you need.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

DublinKev wrote: »
    Hi Mark,

Hope you're well. You were very helpful with some queries I had over on Twitter some time ago. Just wondering if you might be able to offer some assistance.

My Eircom wireless broadband which I use on my iPad keeps disconnecting and I have to go into Settings-WiFi and connect again. It works for another little while and then, again, when I click to another page I get "safari cannot connect to page......because your iPad is not connected to the Internet".

This has only started happening in the last week. I suspect that there may be some other neighbours broadband on the same frequency or something but is there anything I can do about this? It's frustrating!

Many thanks.

Kev

Can PM you any further details you need.

Hi DublinKev

Is the wifi also disconnecting through your PC or laptop or is it just the ipad? Can you go through the ipad set up here to see if there is any improvement, let me know how this goes.

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭DublinKev

Hi Linda,

No, it's only with the iPad that I'm having connection problems. My laptop is fine, but it has an Ethernet connection. Should I test it wireless?

I can't open that page you linked to me, I'm getting an error message, attached.

Any help you might offer gratefully accepted.

Ta.

Kev

Hi Linda,

No, it's only with the iPad that I'm having connection problems. My laptop is fine, but it has an Ethernet connection. Should I test it wireless?

I can't open that page you linked to me, I'm getting an error message, attached.

Any help you might offer gratefully accepted.

Ta.

Kev

Hi Kev

Apologies for that it must have expired, can you try this link? Yes if you could try testing the wifi through the laptop that would be great as we can verify if it's a wifi or ipad issue.

Regards
    Linda

Hi Linda.

Apologies, Have been away for a while.

The laptop seems to be unaffected by this issue. It's only the iPad that is losing connectivity. I suspect it is the neighbour's UPC Broadband that is perhaps on the same frequency and causing some confusion on my iPad? It happens every few minutes, easily rectified, just go back into settings and reconnect, but it is really frustrating.

Any workarounds for this?

Many thanks.

Kev

Hi Linda.

Apologies, Have been away for a while.

The laptop seems to be unaffected by this issue. It's only the iPad that is losing connectivity. I suspect it is the neighbour's UPC Broadband that is perhaps on the same frequency and causing some confusion on my iPad? It happens every few minutes, easily rectified, just go back into settings and reconnect, but it is really frustrating.

Any workarounds for this?

Many thanks.

Kev

Hi Kev,

I have spoke to broadband technical support and they suggest you call them on 1890 260 260 (8am-10pm,7days) as they maybe able to assist you with this issue. Apologies I could not do more for you here.

Regards
    Linda

• Advertisement

Ok Linda, will do. Thanks.

Kev.

Linda,

That connectivity problem seems to have resolved itself now, not sure why but I'm not losing the wireless signal anymore.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi DublinKev

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad to hear this issue has been resolved.

Regards

Al

Advertisement