Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The constant search for meaning

Options
  • 05-11-2012 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,

Heres the deal I work all day from 9 to 5, and then I come home and chill out watching tv/surfing the web.
    This used to make me happy, and I think deep down it probably still could.
    However, for the last while I can't help but think its meaningless.
    I think I should do some other activity instead of being passive watching tv, but then I think how is the inherent value of some other recreational activity greater than watching tv, if in a normal cas the end result is contentment?

So basically, how can I be satisfied with life as it is and say watching tv and be able to enjoy it without feeling its invaluable, which gets me down.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MOD CLOSING COMMENT:
    Please be advised that this forum has been reserved for serious discussions of Philosophy. You are encouraged to rethink your OP and resubmit it in accordance with the following charter guidelines:
    Black Swan wrote: »
    You are encouraged to elaborate upon or challenge a philosophical position, logic, significance, relevance, analytical method, context, interpretation, prediction, historical antecedents, empirical foundation...

Citing philosophers and their works in support of your position taken is greatly encouraged. Links are sometimes helpful too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement