Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else's AES organic bin being ignored?

Options
  • 05-11-2012 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭

Last two weeks (since they merged the AES schedule with the ex-KCC schedule), AES have failed to lift my organic bin. I'm going by the schedule they posted out to me which matches the one on the website and its definitely the correct day.

Never get them on the phone and emails are being ignored - but I paid in full for a year, no tags, and the other two bins are being lifted so its not a payment issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

No problems here. Collected last Wednesday as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Great, so its probably just me then

I've NEVER dealt with such an incompetent company in my life. I'm meant to have 4 bins. I have 5 - of 3 different types. They will not take the spare ones away or give me the fourth one, no matter how often I ask. Thorntons in the new house...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

MYOB wrote: »
    Great, so its probably just me then

I've NEVER dealt with such an incompetent company in my life. I'm meant to have 4 bins. I have 5 - of 3 different types. They will not take the spare ones away or give me the fourth one, no matter how often I ask. Thorntons in the new house...

By organic, You mean the brown bin, MYOB? I haven't put mine out for a while now, as the grass cutting season is over. I will put it out next week ( next due collection date ) and see what happen's.

we've found they've a habit of dumping the bins in the middle of the road are collection. And they're the loudest bin company by a long way. Much more likely to wake us up, even though they only do a few houses on our road.

Will probably switch back to Thornton's in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

just a quick point but in my area the brown bin now goes out with the general rubbish bin

previously it was put out with recycling bin, so just in case, are you putting it out on the correct day?

also- anytime my bin was not collected before I rang AES and they came out either that day or next day and collected it.

• Advertisement

For us the brown bin still goes out with the recycling bin (which is blue, and the general waste is green - how stupid is that!?).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

MYOB wrote: »
    Last two weeks (since they merged the AES schedule with the ex-KCC schedule), AES have failed to lift my organic bin. I'm going by the schedule they posted out to me which matches the one on the website and its definitely the correct day.

Never get them on the phone and emails are being ignored - but I paid in full for a year, no tags, and the other two bins are being lifted so its not a payment issue.
    Are you sure you're putting it out on the right day and what time do you leave it out? I collect the brown bins in maynooth since AES started up there around 3 years ago. On the old collection the brown bin would of being due tomorrow but its due next Wednesday with the blue recycling bin. Out of interest have you AES, KCC or o hagan bins. If you want to pm me what estate you live in I'll tell you roughly what time I should be there at.

guil wrote: »
    Are you sure you're putting it out on the right day and what time do you leave it out? I collect the brown bins in maynooth since AES started up there around 3 years ago. On the old collection the brown bin would of being due tomorrow but its due next Wednesday with the blue recycling bin. Out of interest have you AES, KCC or o hagan bins. If you want to pm me what estate you live in I'll tell you roughly what time I should be there at.

Definitely the right day, and they always go out the night before (although its been outside since last week at this stage, on the off chance my email was responded to). I was with KCC but changed over to being a "proper" AES customer (prepay for the full year, no tags, 4 bins - although see above about that).

I have AES branded brown/main bins and a KCC recycling bin with massive stickers on it. There were some issues with that getting missed at the start, I assume due to its colour and being the only green coloured bin out for the "blue" day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Ah that explains it so. I sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭nedd

in the last month or so our collection schedule has changed a bit. It used to be Brown and Blue together but now it's brown and Green. A poster above did mention this. I would double check that yours hasn't changed also.

• Advertisement

It had changed but I had it on the correct day anyway. All resolved now anyway thanks to guils assistance

Advertisement