Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant wedding venue

Options
  • 05-11-2012 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I just recently got engaged and want to have a small wedding meal of 40-50 people in a nice restaurant in Galway.
    Does anyone know of restaurants that cater especially for weddings? The only one I have come across so far online is Ard Bia.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. It seems so hard to find info if you dont want to have the traditional wedding of the hotel package.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated people!
    smile.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

I know a couple who had their reception in Rouge on Dominick St. They were delighted with it.
    I'd say most restaurants would talk to you though and be delighted with the business.

Congrats on the engagement by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

O'Grady's on the Pier in Barna would also cater for a wedding party of that size. They're mainly known for their seafood but also carry meat & veg options. Link here:http://www.ogradysonthepier.com/about.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ard Bia do this sort of thing but not sure numbers wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

You could try a few if the smaller boutique hotels and see what they could do for you, am thinking house hotel or the twelve in barna. just don't say its a wedding if all you want is the meal.

Had ours a few years ago in the twelve, food was absolute top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Went to a small-ish wedding reception in Bar 8 - It's lovely, the food is good and plenty - the only problem is that as soon as it fills up, it's very noisy, making it difficult to talk to the other guests.

V

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

If your thinking it would be during spring/summer/autumn the Corrib Princess do functions and Cava do the catering. Would be something different and really nice if the weather was right I think.

Personally I hate the hotel wedding package thing. Good on you for thinking of doing something different :D Plus the "boutique" hotel thing is way overrated... sticking boutique on the marketing material just means you can jack up the price!

Oh and I know its not what you asked for (i.e a restaurant) but Brigits Garden do functions as well. Not been myself for a function but heard from people who went to wedding there and they really liked it. It's something different at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Someone I know got married last year and had the wedding dinner in Da Roberta. They were really happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

chasmcb wrote: »
    O'Grady's on the Pier in Barna would also cater for a wedding party of that size. They're mainly known for their seafood but also carry meat & veg options. Link here:http://www.ogradysonthepier.com/about.html

+1.

40-50 might be a bit too big for O'Gradys in that your group might be split between upstairs and downstairs but great food and lovely location.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

gourmet tart company in salthill have hosted weddings recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

howyanow wrote: »
    gourmet tart company in salthill have hosted weddings recently.

Was that not just for a family member?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

you could be right there churchview,still id say its worth asking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

The Gourmet Tart company can also be very noisy/echo-y when full of people. I thoroughly enjoy their food but the concrete walls , same as Bar 8, reverberate the noise and makes it hard to converse when a lot of people are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 golf7

Thanks so much for all the feedback. You've given me some food for thought. I suppose the best thing to do is enquire directly from the restaurants you all mentioned. We will probably go for a function room later that night, so that we can invite more to the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Depending on which day of the week it is it might be worth checking out 'Lunares' in Woodquay.
    They are more a Spanish type restaurant but I think they could sort you out if you needed something different. The size and atmosphere sounds like something which might suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Vina Mara?

good food nice atmosphere

Advertisement