Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reiki in Waterford?

Options
  • 05-11-2012 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Just wondering can anyone recommend someone who does Reiki in Waterford? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 08mor

kend85 wrote: »
    Just wondering can anyone recommend someone who does Reiki in Waterford? Thanks in advance :)

Hi, person below does this, check it out

http://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.evans.7169?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If you want, I know a woman that does it, but she's in Cahir Co. Tipp. Give me a pm if you want her number.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hillviewfarm

Any reiki practitioners / teachers close to Youghal?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Reiki is a pseudoscience that claims to use a "universal energy" to heal. It is pure nonsence and like other such quackery should be avoided. Free your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 alllowercase

Beeker you should "open your mind" Reiki has been used for hundreds of years in healing. You should go and have a Reiki session and experience it yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Beeker you should "open your mind" Reiki has been used for hundreds of years in healing. You should go and have a Reiki session and experience it yourself.

Gods have also apparently existed for thousands of years and they've healed thousands amongst other things (apparently)....doesn't make them real either. The age of any belief does not make it reality,

Real, proper, provable evidence that is peer reviewed makes it real ;)

As for the healing claim,
    Used as a medical treatment, reiki confers no benefit:[4] the American Cancer Society,[5] Cancer Research UK,[6] and the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine[7] have found no clinical or scientific evidence supporting claims that Reiki is effective in the treatment of any illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Something having being used in ye olden days doesn't make it good. Taking mercury was also used. Turned out to be a bad idea. See also, stuff like trepanation and bloodletting.

Anyway, Reiki has not been used for hundreds of years. It was invented in 1922.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Kahless wrote: »
    Something having being used in ye olden days doesn't make it good.

It sure doesn't,

For example Roman's used lead for pipes and for lining baths, they knew it could kill or cause people to go insane and yet they still used it for the uses above....and in wine!

Infact the word plumbing comes from plumber which started as plumbum which means lead in latin....there's a random fact for the day :D

Despite the thousands of years of history that show lead was bad for humans we still used it in lots of things until very recent years, makeup, paint, fuel etc

Fair enough, Reiki doesn't kill but it doesn't do anything else either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Silverado

I have to agree with this. The feeling of well-being experienced after a Reiki treatment is amazing. It is not "all in the mind", something seriously happens during the treatment and you come away feeling very well. It relieves stress and relaxes the muscles which is a great help towards healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Silverado wrote: »
    I have to agree with this. The feeling of well-being experienced after a Reiki treatment is amazing. It is not "all in the mind", something seriously happens during the treatment and you come away feeling very well. It relieves stress and relaxes the muscles which is a great help towards healing.

And lying down and relaxing had nothing to to with feeling relaxed and less stressed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 alllowercase

Kahless wrote: »
    And lying down and relaxing had nothing to to with feeling relaxed and less stressed?

You should never knock something that you know NOTHING about. Admittedly I was a bit skeptical until I received reiki from a person who I trained with in college, I then went on to train in Reiki I II and the Master Degree. And it has changed my life, me as a person for the better, my outlook and how I view other people.

So if that's a bad thing Mae Culpa.... I'm guilty

Namaste ॐ

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

As a skeptic I am very open minded, but not so open that my brain falls out. I am quite sure that Reiki is very relaxing and enjoyable but that does not mean that it can cure anything. Never underestimate the power of the placebo, as this is what is likely to be happening here.
    For a relaxing experience, go for it but as a cure for an ailment, I would stick to science based medicine.
    As has been stated by others just because something has been used for years does not mean it works. Remember blood letting...

Reiki has been used for hundreds of years in healing. You should go and have a Reiki session and experience it yourself.

So, when should we expect to see reiki healers without borders to start dealing with the Ebola outbreak? ;)

What do you mean never? :)

Advertisement