Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empty Oil Drum?

• 05-11-2012 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Does anyone know where I can get a cheap empty oil drum?
    I'm going to try to make a wood burning stove.
    Preferably Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

have loads of them in Kildare but you would have to collect them the good news is they are free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Oil drums are a bit thin for repeated use as a woodburner, you are better off making one out of old truck brake drums, they are cast iron and infinitely more durable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Or use an old safe!

The guy that does the UK Grand Designs had a show about building a shed out of freebies and he used an old safe for a stove... think it was on channel 4.. You can proably find the show if you google..

It was fab..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 DinnyMc

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Oil drums are a bit thin for repeated use as a woodburner, you are better off making one out of old truck brake drums, they are cast iron and infinitely more durable.
    foxinsox wrote: »
    Or use an old safe!

The guy that does the UK Grand Designs had a show about building a shed out of freebies and he used an old safe for a stove... think it was on channel 4.. You can proably find the show if you google..

It was fab..

Thanks for suggestions, but it wont be used much, just looking for a cheap project to keep me occupied. Will try these if I decide to use it more often.

foxinsox wrote: »
    Or use an old safe!

It was fab..

4OD Link
    Very good episode, and it looked great when he was finished.

• Advertisement
Advertisement